Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Thinking and looking

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 12:13 AM
easternshoreman
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking and looking

Just joined the forums. Been thinking of buying a bike but have been undecided. Want a cruiser, and a touring bike combined. Wife likes the Fatboy, I was leaning more toward a Road King or a Softail Heritage. How easy is it to loose the bags for cruising? Looking for some ideas and reccomendations, or will the Fatboy be comfortable enuff for 2?

Old 02-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Pirate
Road Master
Default RE: Thinking and looking

HiYa Eastershoreman

Welcome to the forum!

Old 02-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Greetings from SoCal,

I have a Fatboy the wife and I used to ride up to 400m in a day, its ok to start out but if you want to be comfortable and take your stuff get a Road King. A word of caution if you dont want a Ultra dont ride one....

Old 02-18-2005, 01:46 AM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm partial to the Heritage. It's fun to ride and very comfortable...

Ryan

Old 02-18-2005, 02:02 AM
richp5
Cruiser

Hi all - new member here. I am kinda in the same boat but am looking at the 15th anniversary model due to the hope there won't be one on every block. I commute 100+ miles on the freeway daily and thought I'd keep my Vulcan 1500 with the bags/shield/etc. for the commute and ride the Fatboy on weekends. Two questions: anyone out there have the 15th anniversary model? what ya think of it? And how long do you think I'll put up with the Vulcan before I turn it into a boat anchor and ride the Fatboy exclusively?

Old 02-18-2005, 02:18 AM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: richp5

Hi all - new member here. I am kinda in the same boat but am looking at the 15th anniversary model due to the hope there won't be one on every block. I commute 100+ miles on the freeway daily and thought I'd keep my Vulcan 1500 with the bags/shield/etc. for the commute and ride the Fatboy on weekends. Two questions: anyone out there have the 15th anniversary model? what ya think of it? And how long do you think I'll put up with the Vulcan before I turn it into a boat anchor and ride the Fatboy exclusively?
Welcome aboard Rich!

I'm guessing it won't take very long for your Vulcan to become a boat anchor. You'll find that the Harley is truly a joy to drive...

Ryan

Old 02-18-2005, 02:38 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you found us. I don't know that I would recommend the Fatboy for two up of any distance...in any event, let us know what you do and post pics when you "git 'er dun!"

Mac

Old 02-18-2005, 02:56 AM
richp5
Cruiser

Thanx for the welcome and response. My wife has her Vulcan so the two up isn't necessary and I think she's pushing hard for the Fatboy cause she'll want to trade up next. Again, concerned that the Vulcan will get boring and will have to slap bags/shield/etc. for the commute and thought might as well get the Heritage or Road King and be done with it but the 15th with the chrome front end and gold inlays looks really sweet .....

Old 02-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

If your wife is paying for the bike, she can have the Fatboy. If you're paying buy what you want.

Old 02-18-2005, 08:41 AM
Ironhead
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Decisions, decisions...

Welcome aboard!

Quick Reply: Thinking and looking