Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

X rider considering Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 01:32 AM
TerrySC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X rider considering Ultra Classic

Hey All,

Presently not riding (or even driving a cage) due to an accident on a small dirt bike on Labor day[sm=outcold.gif]. Have an 02 Honda VTX1800c in the garage, but also missing my Goldwing. Thinking about purchasing another in the future but would also like to learn more about HD Ultra Classics. [sm=teetertooter.gif] Not sure which way I'll go. Only sure I'll be keeping the VTX. So I'll just hang here for a while and try to learn a bit more about HD in general and meet some new fellow riders.

TerrySC

Old 11-25-2005, 01:40 AM
BikerInTheDesert
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: X rider considering Ultra Classic

Welcome TerrySC!! Bummer about the accident, hope you're healing up. Nice looking VTX setup you've got there, gonna be hard to beat your storage options with that bike!! However, I've got great faith in HD's ability to pull folks in, so swing by the touring section and give it a good read. Lot of members riding Ultras, and if you add in the other bagger variations the number jumps astronomically! Everybody loves 'em. Glad you found the forum.

Old 11-25-2005, 02:12 AM
TerrySC
Cruiser

BikerInTheDesert,
Thanks for the welcome. Healing up well, pin in shoulder was removed Friday but still have double vision as result of the multiple skull fractures. This not riding is killing me! As far as storage options go, the trailer will go behind any bike, I just miss the intercom, stereo, full fairing for cold weather and the comfortable ride of my Wing. I just don't want to limit my choices to any particuler brand. And since riding the VTX I know I like the V-twins alot. Have been hearing rumors that Honda is planning a V-twin tourer also. Just noticed your location is Iraq..........may I extend my graditude and prayers for a safe return home.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 11-25-2005, 03:12 AM
BikerInTheDesert
Road Master

Thanks TerrySC,

I'm over here in support of the guys in uniform these days, did my time in 03, but I appreciate the well wishes.

I can understand missing the amenities of the full tourer, I've just ordered an '06 Street Glide for that very reason. That pic you see in my avatar is my overloaded Sporty! Piled it high and rode it to Seattle back in the Spring. While that was a blast, and I'd do it again in a minute, I'm looking forward to the flexibility and range of my new Glide. I didn't know Honda was looking at a v-twin tourer, I'd be interested to see what they come out with. My Mom's riding a Shadow ACE, the bigger HD's make her nervous, but the ACE was right in line with her ride height and weight comfort zone. As she starts riding longer trips, I'm sure she and my Dad would be interested in bumping her up to a tourer.

Good luck on your information hunt, this forum has a number of people with a lot of good experience that you can tap.

Heath

Old 11-25-2005, 08:51 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Sounds like your mobile, perhaps you can get someone to give you a ride down to the HD shop and take a look at the selection. The Ultra is quite ride, comes with all the bells and whistles, and there are plenty of aftermarket options available through about a billion sources to help you tailor it to your liking.

Like Biker said, check out the Touring section...do a search on your question, you are not the first to come in here with these same feelings/questions.

Good luck in your quest and let us know what you decide to do.

Mac

Old 11-25-2005, 09:17 AM
liam51
Outstanding HDF Member

Glad you are on the mend. The pic of your bike is awsome! Good luck on your next purchase decision. Be sure to ride the potential new bike first before you buy.

Welcome to the forum from Downeast Maine.

Old 11-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome!!...from Western NY.

[/center]

Old 11-25-2005, 10:51 PM
TerrySC
Cruiser

[sm=thanx.gif] Heath, Mac, Will and Snarly

Old 11-26-2005, 12:51 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

you'll get a lot of respect on an ultra! and love riding it. welcome from eastern nc

Old 11-26-2005, 03:59 PM
HarleyWife
1st Gear

My hubby got an Ultra after his Fat Boy was stolen . He (and I) loves it.