Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Wish I could ride...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 10:11 PM
mikgarda28
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wish I could ride...

Honestly, I do not have a Harley, I own a 2006 Yamaha Vino. I know, keep laughing, I hear ya it's embarrassing. Here's why though, I don't feel I'm ready to hop on a Harley and barrel down the road yet, way to dangerous for me and everyone around me. I am use to waverunners and four wheelers, this is the first experience other than riding bitch oncroch rockets, BMW bikes and one touring Harley, which by the way was the most enjoyable and relaxing ride I ever took.
I love Harley's I've ridden on the back of one and totally loved it. I watch out for Harley riders no matter what season and always try to be extra, extra careful around anyone driving one of these beautiful machines. I have shirts and have friends who have participated in the Sturgis ride. My father use to ride and use to take me to Webb's during the weekend for breakfast on his bike.
Here's my problem. One year ago my neighbors, a man and wife in their early 30's, both bought new Harley's.The wiferevvsher bike at all hours of the day and night and even early hours. She hates me as a neighbor and I honestly have no idea why, I've tried to be nice to this woman over and over. I've tried to be cool with this woman but her one new way of pissing me off is to revv this bike right next to my office window, mind you our homes are very close together because we live on lake property. Her husband, whose bike is way louder, never revvs like she does and I know this because his bike would shake our walls. I have tried to talk to this woman and not like an *** but actually have tried to ask her if she could refrain from revving after 11 pm in the evening especially during the work week. Her response, "it's her yard she'll do as she likes and who am I a bike expert now even though I don't have one."
She is making an *** out of herself as a rider.
If anyone out there is interested in going for a ride some weekend and looking to revv it up in a neighborhood my husband and I would greatly appreciate your support. Come to our house and revv your engines in support of crappy people like my neighbor who make a bad name for Harley riders. It would be fun to show them that we are cool and we totaly support Harley riders but also to be respectful.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: Wish I could ride...

Hello. My wife has a Yamaha Vino (49cc) and loves it. Sometimes she revs it up next to my Harley. That's not a problem though because I can't hear it running.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you get your Harley soon.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:18 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey...at least you can tell ppl you have a "Classic"!!!

Old 08-28-2007, 10:36 PM
1CrazyTrain
Ultimate HDF Member
Default Wish I could ride...

Welcome from Mission, Texas.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Big Dog
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello from Kansas and Welcome to the PARTY!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Softy
Road Master

Welcome to HDF. If you want a Harley, some day you will get one. Make it a goal. Wisconsin is a long way for me to ride,just to annoy( EG,pissoff your neighbor.)...I can do that right here at home..[&:]

BTW,she's probably jealous of you for some reason.[:'(]

Old 08-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome from Alaska.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:27 AM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts