Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Hello from Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 01:08 AM
shebelams
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

48 special stock prior to parts/tune.

first full bike shot after parts have been installed and tune completed with fp3, keep in mind with 2 brothers exhaust custom tune had to be done as fp3 tuner did not have map for 2 brothers exhaust.

dark customs timing cover adds nice touch to chrome surrounding hardware, added roll bar for protection as I am a beginner rider.

zooming in you can see side view of headlight bezel and oil temp thermometer.

short sissy bar, didn't go with the taller sissy bar because this is a naturally low beefier looking bike, the smoked lense covers and custom dynamic led signals are an easy no hassle way to update lights for those who do not want to deal with a lot of wire work as I did not.

side view of exhaust, for those of you who are interested in 2 brothers gen 2 exhaust and passenger foot peg fitment being an issue, it isn't as you can see they could not fit any better.

Screamin eagle spark plug wires, the orange is classic harley and compliments tank well.

RSD gas cap, easy to screw on and off, flush mounted ones look awesome, but I didn't want to have to remove gloves while struggling to unscrew cap.

RSD intake in gloss black, 2 brothers exhaust with heat shields installed, i love how you can see a bit of the purple haze on the exhaust near headers that matches perfectly with filter color.

2 into 1 two brothers gen 2 megaphone exhaust fit and looks flawless. it truly is the exact style exhaust that was on the 70s amf era bikes and the aluminum is a great compliment to other areas of the bike, i was concerned about having an aluminum exhaust with the chrome, but the contrast turned out great, and the thing sounds unbelievable.

the derby cover just goes so well with this bike it being a 48 and all, also the linkage piece to its left.

2 up diamond stitched le pera cobra seat, wanted to keep classic feel of bike, comfortable yet still low profile and sleek.

although the mini ape bars felt awesome, I wanted a little more height to them so installed short risers that you can see look completely oem and fit beautifully, no problem with wiring reaching either, risers made by la choppers.

hd released their new led ring reflector headlight, as you can see there is a matte black bezel from RSD that fit perfectly over light housing
HD forum,

Created my account tonight, have never ridden before but have always wanted to. I am a submariner active duty service member separating from the Navy in 6 months with 8 years in and relocating from Hawaii to Cleveland when I get out early next year. I decided to go with the 48 special because I liked the classic paint scheme, the fat front tire and the 1200 sized motor which I think will be a good starter bike and one to keep for many years. After buying the bike I decided before taking it from the dealer that it being new I might as well put all the parts on it I would want to have done anyways if I took it home so why not do it while all the bolts and hardware are still easily removable. Attached are some pictures of it and the first being it stock and the rest after the install. I am looking forward to hearing from you guys and to being a part of this great club for years to come.

Adam

One last picture, mirrors from harley in gloss black slight oval shape to them, 3 lines compliment aluminum aspects of bike and exhaust and lines on tank scheme, did some research and found the grippiest handles i could find and RSD again came through, notice stickers on end match the tank gas cap decal as well.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-26-2018 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Multiple posts
Old 08-26-2018, 01:24 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,089 Likes on 3,490 Posts

Welcome to the H-D Forums from Idaho ! ENJOY !

Old 08-26-2018, 05:33 AM
r-bar-j
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,148 Likes on 2,048 Posts

Welcome from San Antonio, TX.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:14 AM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,055 Likes on 4,358 Posts

Welcome to the forums from Ontario, Canada

Old 08-26-2018, 06:57 AM
dkschroyer
Cruiser
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Welcome from southeast Ohio. Great bike. Look me up when you get state side.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:04 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Greetings/welcome from East-Central NE...sit down, log-in & enjoy the ride!!!

Wow...there's more cost in after-market parts on that Sportster than sticker price. Enjoy it!

Old 08-26-2018, 07:19 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Welcome from Texas to the "New Members Area" of the HD Forums.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:36 AM
DaveE
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,035 Likes on 879 Posts

Welcome from Pennsylvania

Old 08-26-2018, 07:46 AM
Northernproducer
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 388 Likes on 372 Posts

Welcome to the forum....well done on your Sporty!

Old 08-26-2018, 08:19 AM
squirrelsnest
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,654 Likes on 2,808 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Virginia....nice pics & bike....

Quick Reply: Hello from Hawaii