Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

NY Newjack, Dealer Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005 | 10:08 PM
axled1
|
Stage IV
Default NY Newjack, Dealer Questions

I have been reading this forum for quite sometime now, and really learned a ton of useful information. I took the rider safety course, and rented two harley models I was interested in.as per advised by many.(great advise) I had lost sleep for two years saving for a black duece,turned out for me the wide glide was the one i didn't want to give back.both pretty much ran the same (for me) the wide glide instantly felt like it was made for me (never thought i would dig those mini apes) out the box. (5'10 230 lbs 31' inseam)so now armed with a world of knowledge and 14000k to put down on a bike I felt i was in the drivers seat (wrong) what im looking for is a fair deal, I went to hempstead,bellemore,LIC HD nobody really cared about the amount i was able to put down cause i have a week credit score 575 . all 3 wanted 20k otd for a 06 wide glide glacier pearl white with co signer of course.as a last resort I can get humble and get a cosigner, but i would like to feel im getting some type of deal, not just a free t shirt.what i would like to know has anyone gotten a great deal in long island Ny?any dealers, deal with weak credit but large downpayment. my friend told me to wait till after jan 06 when the aftermarket pipes are coming out and we'll go to his PA dealer. thanks to all GREAT SITE

Old 10-14-2005 | 10:28 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: NY Newjack, Dealer Questions

Howdy, welcome to the forum. I'm glad that some of the info on this forum did you some good. With that much money to put down, I don't see why they still need a co-signer. I don't live in your part of the country, but I feel that someone over there should be able to give you a fair deal unless they feel that they have you over a barrel. Are there very many dealers in your area to look at. My dealer is about 90 miles away from here and I didn't have much choice. I was thinking that where you live, they should have a lot more than I do here. Good luck and I hope that you are able to get what you want.

Old 10-14-2005 | 11:09 PM
axled1
|
Stage IV

Thanks for taking the time out to reply,thats what i dig about this site...I felt the same way . I thought with that amount of money they would love to do business with me. the guy at hempstead harley straight up told me, he would prefer i finance much more than 6k cause they would make more money. I guess i got spoiled when i rented from HD in miami (rode to key west ) gorgeous ride.they offered to eat the rental and throw in 600.00 worth of accessories if i bought at MSRP today.. thats what i would call a deal.I guess i will keep searching ....thanks again

Old 10-14-2005 | 11:39 PM
Crowdog
Tourer

Go to a local bank or credit union and get your own financing before ya buy the bike.

I would think with at least a 70% down payment you can get qualified even with a low credit rating.

I would suggest you try credit unions first, they tend to be more agreeable to doing business with you if your credit history is a bit "shakey."

Your other option is to purchase a used bike or left over '05 Wide Glide at a lower price. One local dealer here in Tennessee has 3 or 4 '05 Wide Glides all priced at $16,995 plus tax and license. Maybe find a used WG for the 14k ya have.

Just my 2 cents.

Ride safe.

Crow

Old 10-15-2005 | 08:41 AM
jv225
Road Master

I agree with Crowdog. That is good advice. I think if it were me I would find something a year or two old and pay cash for it.

Old 10-15-2005 | 09:05 AM
joe
Cruiser

look into riverhead harly or ny harley and see mike bogart and tell him a few guys from queens sent you, they treat peple well, if you want to look for a used bike you can go that route and kill the interest . there are nice bikes for sale out there.also sperry credit union in garden city park.(for a loan)good luck.

Old 10-15-2005 | 09:44 AM
HDF Tech
Banned

Hey Brian

Welcome to the forum, looks like you got some good advice here, one thing I may add is that the dealers make money on financing , so they really don't respond to the amount of the deposit. Shop it around and don't be afraid to make a reasonable offer under what they want and leave them to think about it. Reverse the game on them, you may be surprised what happens.

Old 10-15-2005 | 01:42 PM
Fatboy_Bob
Cruiser

Welcome from central Fl Brian

I too agree with Crowdog.

Old 10-15-2005 | 06:43 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

hey brian

welcome from so fla....you are barking right up my tree. i happen to be a finance manager at a car dealership...pm me and we can discuss your options. if ya want to get financing we need to figure out what really is your credit issue. its not just a score. i can advise you and help you

Old 10-15-2005 | 08:10 PM
axled1
|
Stage IV

Well I just returned from the HD dealer in huntington and put a dep on an 06 WG,turned out to be the best dealer i have been to. one guy replied to me in this forum, to check credit union , which sparked me to call my union brothers (local 7 ny) and ask about our loan programs..turns out we can borrow from our own pension fund at a very low interest rate, i thought that money can only be for house, i was told upto 25k can be for an auto, and motorcycle falls in that category.I cant believe the money has been under my nose all this time.. thanks to all who replied.. I cant get the smile off my face

Quick Reply: NY Newjack, Dealer Questions