Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

New Guy From Hopkins, MN

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016 | 06:58 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome from Detroit Lakes,MN

Old 02-18-2016 | 07:25 PM
RoadKing16
|
Intermediate

After waiting a few weeks to take delivery she is finally home!!! Now the snow needs to melt and the rain needs to wash the salt away and its time to ride!

In the meantime some rc components slips, heat demon hand warmers with new grips, quick detach backrest and highway pegs...

I will ride anywhere. I haven't done a lot the last few years but my job is much more accommodating now and thats why i decided to upgrade my bike. Im ready for some longer trips. Im not a bar hopper either. I prefer to get out in the country and hit up the curves as well. We will definitely have to figure something out! Most of my buddies have either quit riding or ride rockets so they don't like long trips.

Originally Posted by RoadKing16
I will ride anywhere. I haven't done a lot the last few years but my job is much more accommodating now and thats why i decided to upgrade my bike. Im ready for some longer trips. Im not a bar hopper either. I prefer to get out in the country and hit up the curves as well. We will definitely have to figure something out! Most of my buddies have either quit riding or ride rockets so they don't like long trips.

Originally Posted by Reindeer
Welcome to the forum. I lived in Hopkins for 14 years, just moved up to New Hope last spring.

Can't imagine the torture of buying a bike in the winter and not being able to ride it.

Thank you for the welcome! I actually am moving to robinsdale this summer so not too far from you. Yes the next few months will be rough but it gives me time to add some fun accessories. I have a feeling that will never stop. We will have to get together and ride sometime!

Ryan

Originally Posted by Cruzer Dude
Welcome from Duluth, MN. Nice choice for a first bike!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Tyrel M. Hanson
Welcome! My fiance is from Minnetonka... I ride through there quite often and plan on moving back to the area this summer from the oilfields. Great choice for a bike!
Thank you! You will have to let me know when you move back down here! Maybe we can start riding!

Ryan

Originally Posted by checkers
Invest in the rear turn signal/brake light converter from Harley or Custom Dynamics. Converts the yellow rear t/signals to red running/brake lights.
I was thinking about getting the lights that mount on the back of the saddle bags. just under the covers.

Originally Posted by Beaux
Nice scooter ...................... BUT "she" does not equate to King
this is true! girl names seem to be the standard. no male names have stood out to me yet

Originally Posted by jdw1
That's a good idea, they are cool. Imo.

I'm waiting for the roads to get a bath too! Lol. I saw a "Limited" out today down in Rosemount. Lucky sob! Lol.
He is a lucky SOB but crazy too. That salt will eat that bike up!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 02-18-2016 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-18-2016 | 07:40 PM
the wild hog
Seasoned HDF Member

Congrats on the new ride.

Old 02-18-2016 | 08:18 PM
lemonade_07flstc
Extreme HDF Member

Welcome to the Forums from Central IL

Old 02-18-2016 | 08:22 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Invest in the rear turn signal/brake light converter from Harley or Custom Dynamics. Converts the yellow rear t/signals to red running/brake lights. My first Harley was a 2005 RK Standard. Still one of my favorite bikes. I do miss the up-slash stock cans, they belong on a King.

Last edited by checkers; 02-18-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-18-2016 | 08:35 PM
JeremyHagen68
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome from North Dakota!

Old 02-18-2016 | 08:41 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior

Nice scooter ...................... BUT "she" does not equate to King

Old 02-18-2016 | 08:51 PM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member

Welcome from Maryland

Old 02-18-2016 | 09:02 PM
LockAndLoad
Cruiser

What a gorgeous bike! Congrats!

Old 02-18-2016 | 09:25 PM
jdw1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RoadKing16
I was thinking about getting the lights that mount on the back of the saddle bags. just under the covers.
That's a good idea, they are cool. Imo.

I'm waiting for the roads to get a bath too! Lol. I saw a "Limited" out today down in Rosemount. Lucky sob! Lol.

Quick Reply: New Guy From Hopkins, MN