Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Hello from the Golden State

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007 | 11:36 PM
02sprtychick
|
Elite HDF Member
Default Hello from the Golden State

Just a quick introduction to the members. New rider with an 02 Sportster. Wanted to learn to ride in order to be able to stop and use the bathroom when I wanted to, not when he remembered (usually 50 miles after original request and when accompanied by tears of pain!). Truthfully, I was so envious of the females riders I saw out with their friends and partners every sunny weekend here in CA. That and there are several bike on our street and everyone rides together.

Thought, how cool would it be to learn to ride and then make that one more FUN activity to do with my best friend. I think he called my bluff when I said I wanted to ride on my own. He's had his bike for a while and rode sport bikes foryears and I never expressed any interest in learning until we had a HD in the garage. Next thing I know he's telling me to pick out a bike one day at the HD shop. So I did.

It stayed in the garage for about six months before I even attempted to start the thing. Fast forward more months, I'm driving down a beautiful riverroad in my car and get passed by a group of women on their bikes. Mind you, all laughing and all looking like they were in heaven! It was that very day I decided the bike had to get out of the garage.

Up until this point, I had been shown how to start the bike and "tried" to easeoff the clutch into 1st gear with him on the back "just in case", all the while he made me nervous. So the day I DECIDED to ride it, I knew I wanted to do it on my own. Imagine his surprise when he pulled on our street after work to see me actually vertical with feet off the ground going around the corner! That was several months ago. Got my permit and am going to take the safety course too. Needless to say, Harley fever has hit big time!

What fun and the great conversations just owning the bike has started are awesome. Best part, being side by side (well, still sort of following behind him because he likes to run "block" but you all get the picture)my man on my own bike and no longer on the back. Way better scenery of the road. But dang, I miss him blocking the bugs!

PS.....he loves this forum and is a regular. I really did not want to bust his gig and join but some of the posts he would read to me had me in stitches so I am following him in this area too. Hey, it's quality time, right?

Thanks. I feel I have properly stated my reason for being here.And yes, I did say "quick" introduction. Keep in mind I'm female and we all know our vocabulary is stellar and our need to express is genetic.

Old 05-02-2007 | 11:37 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Hello from the Golden State

Welcome from INDY

Old 05-02-2007 | 11:51 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome to the forum from Northeast Ohio

Old 05-03-2007 | 12:10 AM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Welcome from Atlanta!

Old 05-03-2007 | 12:17 AM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Welcome from Utica New york

Old 05-03-2007 | 12:20 AM
HawgMan_renamed
Road Warrior

Welcome from Tennessee

Old 05-03-2007 | 12:22 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Howdy, welcome to the forum.

Old 05-03-2007 | 12:27 AM
Darth Vader
Road Master

Welcome from Tennessee!!!

Old 05-03-2007 | 01:12 AM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome from Salem, Oregon - Thanks for the introduction!

Old 05-03-2007 | 01:31 AM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member

Welcome aboard from Omaha, Nebraska. [sm=usa.gif]

Quick Reply: Hello from the Golden State