Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Slim in Japan

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015 | 07:25 PM
Lou'sUltra
Extreme HDF Member

Welcome from Ohio

Old 05-27-2015 | 12:05 AM
sloufoot
Club Member

Welcome to the H-D Forums from Idaho ! ENJOY !

Old 05-27-2015 | 01:12 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior

Hi Dan Welcome to the forum, I'm in Japan and there are tons of bike related events going on, in fact japan has a fantastic Harley following.

Where in Japan are you ?

Old 05-27-2015 | 01:34 AM
daninjapan
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tanuki
Hi Dan Welcome to the forum, I'm in Japan and there are tons of bike related events going on, in fact japan has a fantastic Harley following.

Where in Japan are you ?
Hi Tanuki!
Great to meet a fellow "gaijin"!
I am living in a town called Fukuyama in Hiroshima prefecture. It's a pretty boring place, but lots of Harley riders & beautiful mountain roads to cruise on!
Where are you?

Old 05-27-2015 | 07:28 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior

Tokyo area Dan, we ride Tokyo, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Yamanashi, Shizuoka, Saitama, Ibaraki, Chiba areas so we have a great mix of mountains , highways and coastlines to ride. If you are on facebook there are a ton of groups and communities in japan that list events, shows, ride etc.

The riding here is amongst some of the best in the world and the Japanese drivers are usually bike conscious and aware, lane splitting is ok just don't cross yellow lines you'll be ok.

Old 05-27-2015 | 09:21 AM
daninjapan
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tanuki
Tokyo area Dan, we ride Tokyo, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Yamanashi, Shizuoka, Saitama, Ibaraki, Chiba areas so we have a great mix of mountains , highways and coastlines to ride. If you are on facebook there are a ton of groups and communities in japan that list events, shows, ride etc.

The riding here is amongst some of the best in the world and the Japanese drivers are usually bike conscious and aware, lane splitting is ok just don't cross yellow lines you'll be ok.
Yeah, I actually got my bike license here in Japan, I had dreamt of it back home in Aus, but finally got around to it here. 10 years of riding "Chugatta" (upto 400cc), I finally got my "Ogatta" and first Harley this year😜!

I know what you mean about the quality of the roads here, the quality of the surface & the curves! Sooo good! My Slim scrapes on every curve😈!

You should come over & visit some time. Shikoku is only an hour away, and the roads there are truely AMAZING!

Stay in touch!

Old 05-27-2015 | 11:06 AM
daninjapan
|
Intermediate
Default So far, so good!

Old 05-27-2015 | 10:31 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

A big welcome to you from sunny Southern California. Glad to have you on board.

Old 05-28-2015 | 03:36 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior

If you ever get over this way give me a shout, I'll show you some of the great riding we have round here, Fuji, the 5 lakes, Izu Skyline, Yamanashi Mountains etc, by the way the shopping on this board is great, I have picked up many parts and accessories at good prices off here compared to what we have to pay locally.

Old 05-28-2015 | 04:12 AM
daninjapan
|
Intermediate

Thanks for the advice Tanuki!

Quick Reply: Slim in Japan