Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Greetings from South Florida

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005 | 06:18 PM
PhatHarley4Me
|
Tourer
Default Greetings from South Florida

Hello All..
Well I'm not a Harley owner as of yet but I'm less than 24hrs away from locking in on an '05 Screaming Eagle Fat Boy!!! I debated and debated on what I was going to get. I rented a few bikes and fell in love with the Fat Boy. Although the new Deluxe was right there. A beautiful Bike...Just not my style. Anyway, the final decision was made after I took a base Fat Boy, added the mods I wanted and would of ended up paying the same or more than the S.E. with less mods as it has stock! Anyway..that was the easy part. The hard part was trying to find one in the color I wanted!!! WOW>>what a job. Every dealer I called and visited either sold it before it arrived or sold it the day it hit the floor. Well as hard as it is to believe, I found one and I will close the deal in the morning. I'm like a kid before X-mas....up early, on the net looking for riding apparel and other stuff.

BTW: Any recommendations on Bike transporters?? The bike is 900 miles away.

Old 01-16-2005 | 07:01 PM
grumpygit
Tourer
Default RE: Greetings from South Florida

Mmmm nice one - congratulations. What color did you get? [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 01-16-2005 | 09:00 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

Welcome aboard and congrats on the Fat Boy. We'll expect pics when you get 'er!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 01-16-2005 | 09:02 PM
PhatHarley4Me
|
Tourer

I'm getting the Cobolt Blue....

My local dealer told me they where complete with the Blue and red, they are now producing the Yellow.

Old 01-16-2005 | 09:06 PM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior

BTW: Any recommendations on Bike transporters?? The bike is 900 miles away.

Ride it, trailers are for boats. Congrats on your purchase, and enjoy the forum.

Old 01-16-2005 | 09:32 PM
Roadking04
Cruiser

Congrats on the new bike! Color yourself lucky not only on the new Harley but on the fact that you can ride it. The high temp today here in MI is 18 degrees. It's pretty hard to dress up warm enough to enjoy a ride.

Old 01-16-2005 | 10:03 PM
PhatHarley4Me
|
Tourer

Sincecrazy.....TRUST ME!!! That thought is on my mind and is my 1st option. It would be a great way for us to get acquainted (Smile). I'm still trying to get feedback on the seat. I rented a fatboy and put 400miles on it in 2 days. I felt it on my ASSET the second day, so IF the seat is questionable, I will need to do a Corbin or Mustang. Also a removable windshield and throw over bags for gear. There is a 85% chance I will ride it back.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 01-16-2005 | 10:19 PM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior

When I do some serious roadtrip miles, and the little women is going, I put the factory seat back on. I prefer my HD low profile but it doesnt give much to the passenger. As far as riding the bike back, for me that would be the only option. You live in south FL, so the weather shouldnt be much concern. As for the windshield, just use a full face helmet unless you like using a windshield. As for throw over bags, what gear do you really need for 900 miles? Two days at 400 shouldnt be a problem at all. I would recommend doing some 'throttle roll ons' to properly seat the rings. You dont want to just take off and keep the motor at 70 for the next 12hours. A throttle roll would be getting the bike up to cruising speed, then rolling on the throttle to where the bike begins to accelerate nicely, then back off the throttle and let the motor slow you down, this will put both 'push and pull' on your rings seating them properly. I would recommend several miles of this, and change your speed often throughout the trip. Enjoy your bike and congrats.

Old 01-17-2005 | 01:11 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

Congrats on the bike, and welcome to the forum. We will all be expecting pictures soon, and maybe a post to the rides section telling us about your first 900 miler...

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Mac

Old 01-17-2005 | 01:25 AM
Pirate
Road Master

Congrats and Welcome!

That last 24 hours is a killer aint it

If it were me, I definately would ride it home!

Tim

Quick Reply: Greetings from South Florida