Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

The Newest Member - Cool Dog

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005 | 01:45 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: The Newest Member - Cool Dog

Glad you found us, hope you enjoy the forums.

Fantastic looking ride, don't worry, we all suffer the same affliction!

Mac

Old 09-14-2005 | 01:53 AM
whiplush
Tourer

Man that Fatboy looks like its trying to turn into a Deluxe! It sure is a sweet ride. Those wheels are exactly what I want for my Deluxe. What brand are they and how many spokes do they have if I may ask? Your ride is beautiful man! Oh, and welcome from Tennessee!

Old 09-15-2005 | 01:39 AM
Maniac
|
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: whiplush

Man that Fatboy looks like its trying to turn into a Deluxe! It sure is a sweet ride. Those wheels are exactly what I want for my Deluxe. What brand are they and how many spokes do they have if I may ask? Your ride is beautiful man! Oh, and welcome from Tennessee!

Thanks for all the kind words. This bike started life as a black and smokey gold Fatboy, but several winning bids on eBay later came the numbered paint set, Deluxe passing lamps and seat, V&H Longshots, and other items here and there. I got the chrome forks, pully, and wheels from the local Big Dog. The spokes are from American Wire Wheel and are 100 spoke radial laced. They were a bit pricey but worth every penny. Here's the link: http://www.americanwire.com/100_spoke_Radial.htm

Old 09-15-2005 | 12:12 PM
TxMoores
Road Warrior

Paul, I have always loved the Northwestern New Mexico / Southwestern Colorado area, especially in September / October and May / June when the temperatures are still comfortable and the scenery is at its best.
Yeah, for some reason Chick’s has dropped their rental program, but the HOG Fly-N-Ride is still in full operation and (according to HOG) will remain for quite some time. I had first planned on renting out of Durango Colorado, but Santa Fe had a better selection and more bikes to choose from….

Old 09-17-2005 | 12:25 AM
Crossbones
Road Master

hey dog,
welcome here and hope you enjoy the place. sweet bike and yea, it seems like you've dropped a buck or 2 on the mods. thanks for the pic and hope you enjoy riding it. stay safe