Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

had a wreck, sell me your stock parts!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 05:48 PM
thoner7
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default had a wreck, sell me your stock parts!

I was in an unfamiliar part of town and came to a funny Y intersection where I didnt realize (until it was too late) that I had to make a turn to stay on the road I was already on. I went too fast into the turn and then hit some gravel while braking and my rear tire beat my front tire through the turn. The only thing that happened to me was I tore a shoe lace, not even a scratch on me. My Nightster wasn't as lucky.

I need some help to be sure what exactly I screwed up.

1- I need new bars. I'd like to get some stock 48 or Iron bars, the narrow 27" ones. If anyone wants to make a couple bucks, lowest price wins. Shipped to zip code 14526. Post it here or PM me.

2- I broke the one turn stop off of the lower triple tree. I may have bent the down tubes up too but I'm honestly not sure? I can hear the brake pads rubbing on the disc when I push it around though. How do I find out what needs replacing?

---I am considering going to a springer but I'm not sure I could afford anything but a DNA. If anyone has a lower triple tree hanging around, post your price!

3 - the Bake tire is no longer centered under the fender. I would have thought it to be the struts got bent but the rear disc rubs the pads too, more than the front does. Whats the chance the swing arm or where it mounts the the back of the motor is bent?

---I am not as mad as I would have been but I was planning on doing a hardtail to it soon anyways so this just made cutting it up easier. I got two decent dents in the tank, scratches on the fender and strut covers and derby cover. I'm planning on just going to go to bare metal on the tank and fender and leave all the dents as character flaws :-)

Thanks in advance

Old 07-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Sorry to hear about the crash, but glad you were not injured. I have a stock rear swing arm from a 2012, 1200C and a stock derby cover if you end up needing them.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:02 PM
thoner7
Tourer

Im having trouble uploading photos from my phone but Ill get some up soon

Old 07-25-2013, 07:07 PM
W1ldC4t
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a stock set of handlebars from my 2013 Iron. Let me know what you think is fair for them, not gonna hold you over the coals, just make it worth my while to pack them up and send them along. Glad to hear you're OK, sorry about the bike.

-Wildcat

Old 07-25-2013, 07:46 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

glad to hear your ok !!!

i also have stock bars 2012 iron -
the headlight (just the lens and bulb)
and the stock slip on mufflers, (hole saw'd)

pm me if you need any of these parts

and yeah get some pix so we can see the scoot

Old 07-25-2013, 08:42 PM
thoner7
Tourer

here are the pics after the 4th try.

I did manage to drive it up and down the street with the bars like that. Got it into third key and the only noticable problem is a slight wobble in the front tire. not sure what the cause is just yet. Any/all advice appreciated.

Where are you guys located? I have no idea what shipping would be but is 20 bucks plus shipping costs worth your while driving it to the store?

Attached Thumbnails had a wreck, sell me your stock parts!-1.jpg   had a wreck, sell me your stock parts!-2.jpg   had a wreck, sell me your stock parts!-3.jpg  
Old 07-25-2013, 08:43 PM
thoner7
Tourer

and one of the rear where I think the struts are bent to the right a tad

Attached Thumbnails had a wreck, sell me your stock parts!-4.jpg  

Last edited by thoner7; 07-25-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:41 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

im about 5hour and 20 minutes from you
drive to get the bars an pipes if u need an they are yours lol

any other damage?

maybe i have some other parts layin around if so

its really hard for me to tell from the photos

Old 07-25-2013, 10:13 PM
thoner7
Tourer

There are scrapes and dings on the turn signals and battery cover and all that. But more of those problems are all cosmetic and will go away anyways if I hard tail it. And figure out why the front wheel has got a wobble. Luckily I went down on the inexpensive side (left) so my pipes and AC where unharmed.

I really just need the bars to get it rideable again. How much you want to drop them in the mail?

Old 07-26-2013, 10:16 AM
thoner7
Tourer

this should not have been moved, I am also looking for help putting the bike back together. How do I get this moved back into the normal forum?

Quick Reply: had a wreck, sell me your stock parts!