Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB: Shovelhead Inner Primary & Starter Gear Housing

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Bohemian
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default WTB: Shovelhead Inner Primary & Starter Gear Housing

Wanted / Want to buy new or good used OEM Inner Primary, Starter Gear Housing Cover & starter thru-bolts for my 79 FXE 4-speed kick & electric.
  • Inner Primary OEM Part #: 60620-74
  • Hitachi Starter Housing OEM Part #: 31572-79
  • Hitachi Starter Thru-Bolt Kit OEM Part #: 31576-73

Prefer items that have not been repaired nor need to be repaired, prefer OEM...

What I have been able to find so far online is pretty pricy; and since I am not the rich & famous I am looking for a better deal...

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:05 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,082 Likes on 17,943 Posts

Swap meets buddy or haunt craiglist in your area but be warned anything OEM with that age is going to need some love and few bucks to make right so get used to the idea now .

Old 09-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 20,332 Likes on 5,875 Posts

Originally Posted by Bohemian
What I have been able to find so far online is pretty pricy; and since I am not the rich & famous I am looking for a better deal...
Are you running forward or mid controls?

Old 09-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Bohemian
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tom84FXST
Are you running forward or mid controls?
DNA Forward Controls...

http://www.trydna.com/v12.html

Old 09-24-2012, 04:48 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

A word of advice if you do end up with an after market inner primary , avoid anything " LifeLine " all their **** is outright junk and there's a lot of it floating around used for shovels so be sure to look for that name when digging around . Good luck on your search , I've got a box of busted ones too .

Old 09-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Bohemian
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
A word of advice if you do end up with an after market inner primary , avoid anything " LifeLine " all their **** is outright junk and there's a lot of it floating around used for shovels so be sure to look for that name when digging around . Good luck on your search , I've got a box of busted ones too .
thanks, are they actually marked Lifeline somewhere or do they have some other kind of proof/stamp or whatever?

Old 09-24-2012, 05:22 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by Bohemian
thanks, are they actually marked Lifeline somewhere or do they have some other kind of proof/stamp or whatever?
The name is usually cast in on the inside surface somewhere plus you can tell just looking closely rough as a cobb and real cheesy feeling plus the chrome is real crappy . They dumped a lot of stuff on the market back the late 70's cheap so there's lots out there , everybody who has the stuff is trying to dump it on somebody else . Be sure to ask if you do ebay if the seller waffles any about it skip it , trust me on that one please .

Old 09-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Bohemian
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
The name is usually cast in on the inside surface somewhere plus you can tell just looking closely rough as a cobb and real cheesy feeling plus the chrome is real crappy . They dumped a lot of stuff on the market back the late 70's cheap so there's lots out there , everybody who has the stuff is trying to dump it on somebody else . Be sure to ask if you do ebay if the seller waffles any about it skip it , trust me on that one please .
Is this the same outfit?
http://www.lifelineint.com/servlet/t...ers/Categories

It looks like this outfit is a distributor for several manufacturers...

Also, I am curious if you know anything about "Engine Tech" & or "Cycle Pirates" Inner Primaries or other products?

They appear to be made in U.S.

thanks in advance.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:51 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Can't say without hands on looking at their stuff , same name defiantly . The older shovel stuff was pure trash to be avoided , can't say if it's improved or not . A good heavy duty unit is Cal Products , they are beefy as hell and the machining is top grade and spot on .

Old 10-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Bohemian
Cruiser
Default Cycle Pirates Products Are Made In Taiwan

FYI: Just found out from their own people that "Cycle Pirates" gets all their stuff from Taiwan so buyers beware, as this is not indicated on their web site and there are a number of sellers on ebay selling "Cycle Pirates" products...

Quick Reply: WTB: Shovelhead Inner Primary & Starter Gear Housing