Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

LOOKING FOR SINGLE AXLE ENCLOSED TRAILER

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 10:49 PM
ROCKETRICK
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOKING FOR SINGLE AXLE ENCLOSED TRAILER

well the time has come for me and supermom to ( when the kids are not here) venture out further than the back yard to ride our bikes, we have looked at alot of trailers and figure a 6 x12 or a 6 x 15 would hold the 05 fatboy and the 05 sporty black is the color of choice but whatever. if you have one give us an email or pm.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:41 PM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: LOOKING FOR SINGLE AXLE ENCLOSED TRAILER

Home Depot has single axle trailers on the cheap...

Old 01-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ROCKETRICK

well the time has come for me and supermom to ( when the kids are not here) venture out further than the back yard to ride our bikes, we have looked at alot of trailers and figure a 6 x12 or a 6 x 15 would hold the 05 fatboy and the 05 sporty black is the color of choice but whatever. if you have one give us an email or pm.
I'd give some thought to going more than 6 feet wide if I was carrying two bikes.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:02 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 7x16 tandom axle. I can load three dressers (baggers) and gear without problems. I strongly suggest a tandom (dual) axle trailer with ramp and side door. Get electric brakes!

Old 01-24-2007, 02:02 PM
MJK
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I see that you are local to me. Have you checked CRAIGSLIST. I also saw one on cycle trader yesterday.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:25 AM
hondaherb
Road Captain

You might want to consider a tandom axle trailer, that way you have a back-up axle if you have trouble. On alot of trailers, the wheel-bearings are weak and don't last long, plus if you have a flat you can still limp home. Just my thoughts (I had an 8X16 and had troubles several times)

Old 01-28-2007, 01:50 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

Check at, Internettrailersales.com I bought a 6 x 10 withelectric brakes,ramp door side door, interior lights and stabilizer jacks. BUT WHATEVER YOU BUY GET A V NOSE!!!pulling a flat nose trailer is like pulling a parachute behind you. Also get it with E track fastening system. Youcan buy all the straps and accesories at McMaster Carr. I think it,s mcmaster.comI think smc also sells rachet straps that fit theE track. once you,ve used a system like that ,you will know.The straps I use latch into the track and have a ratcher on them and a strap that goes around what you are tieing down and hooks to its ownself. that way if it,s loost it doesnt come unhooked. It,s the same system that is usedon ALL wheelchair hold downs.. Chesk out a wheel chair equiped van and you will see what I,m saying. LOL