Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB: Rush 2.0 Slip-On Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 02:59 PM
bdn56
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How ya doing Hotshot? I have the Rush with 2" baffles. I wish they were louder. They sound good when you get on the throttle
I need loud pipes and a loud radio so I can't hear all the engine and drive train noises
Most people are happy with any aftermarket pipes.
Some are never satisfied.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Dooderhead
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hotshot
The Dyna's won't work on the touring. I'm not sure if I want the Rush or not, but they have been recommended to me.

Let me ask this?????

What other slip-ons would be a good choice? I want a deep rumble, but also don't want a loud pipe that I can't enjoy my "tunes" while cruising.

Ideas anyone?
Check out ebay for this guy's product: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-H...A1%7C72%3A1171

Put a set of the Stage 3s on my 08 Ultra and love em! Might not be loud enough for what you want, but he has a link to a YouTube video so you can hear for yourself.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:00 AM
dowhat
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hotshot, just put a set with 2" baffles in on mine 09 Ultra, sounds good, has a low rumble at a steady 60mph, can hear pipes and radio fine.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:09 PM
JSKI3
2nd Gear

I have a set of Rush slip ons. I am not sure of the baffle size. They have 5000 miles on them and came off an 08 ultra. I would like $275 plus shipping. If you are intrested, give me a call 812-240-4265

Old 07-17-2009, 08:45 PM
MrHog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Dyna's won't work on the touring. I'm not sure if I want the Rush or not, but they have been recommended to me.

Let me ask this?????

What other slip-ons would be a good choice? I want a deep rumble, but also don't want a loud pipe that I can't enjoy my "tunes" while cruising.

Ideas anyone?
I've had my Rush slip ons for a year now with the true duals. I really like them. They look as good as the day I bought them. Also, the 2" baffles that came with them slide out like grease lightening. The 2.5" baffles that I put in this summer are not as easy, but I am planning on leaving them in. They sound real good when you twist the throttle, and have a nice mellow when you're cruising. I can still hear my music on my J&L Corp speakers on my bars. Plus, for the guys with the pack behind you, and the pipes exiting in the back, it really knocks down some of the noise for the rider.

Hotshot, those 2" baffles I have needs the mat (wrap) replaced. They have improved (so they say) the mat on the baffles this year. My 2" baffles are from last year are sort of burned up. Still there, but would be better with new. The baffles on the other hand look great.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:31 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Good evening iclick,

Are you offering these for sale? Drop me a PM. I'm not familiar with the Fuel Moto asymmetrical baffles (1.75" on left with 3/4" reversion cone and 2.0" on right). You lost me on that one. :-) That's pretty easy to do. :-)

Thanks and blessings from Tupelo.
Yes, I'll sell them for $150 plus shipping. I'll check them out tomorrow for any flaws that I'm not aware of now, but I do recall some discoloration on the right muffler near the front, which IMO is not prominent. These are the slash-up style.

The Fuel Moto baffles for Rush mufflers preceded the Dyno-Tuned Jackpots described here. The only difference is that the shells are slightly different, but with the same baffles and high-tech baffling material. They were tuned by Fuel Moto for best performance and deep tone sound on touring bikes, not overly loud. They will out-perform Rush mufflers with any baffle configuration and IMO sound better. Because of their asymmetrical design they can't be used with true-duals.

There is much favorable discussion of the DT Jackpots in the Touring section. Search on "Fuel Moto," "Jackpot," or "Power Package."

Old 07-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Harley Rog
1st Gear
Default Different mufflers better

After ruining the Rush mufflers, I ordered a set of V&H slash cut mufflers. They are really quiet at cruise rpm (2200 to 2500) Nice tone while accelerating. and bought them on ebay for $335.00 brand new. I checked the baffles and they do come out easily although there is no need..no fiberglass in them. Oh Ya..the Rush turned blue on the first ride.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:32 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought a set of B&E Superflows with the 2" baffles, Not real loud cruising, sounds good on the throttle. Would like to hear the 2.5's. They are made from Harley stock mufflers and have absolutely no discoloration. Check out: http://superflowmufflers.com/

I was actually lucky enough to get mine used from somebody here for $100

Old 07-21-2009, 07:54 PM
colhopert
Stage II

I have a set of Jackpot dyno tuned,( fuel-motos Rush) 500 miles, perfect. 295 new sell for 200.00

Old 07-21-2009, 08:29 PM
hotshot
Tourer

Thanks guys, after reading the reports, I can't decide. Still thinking. I need to hear some, in person.

Quick Reply: WTB: Rush 2.0 Slip-On Mufflers