Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

GMRS/FRS Two-Way Radios and Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Ghostrek
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMRS/FRS Two-Way Radios and Headsets

Has anyone used GMRS/FRS 2-way radioswith headsets? I don't want to install a CB on our SG since I want a radio with further range, but I would like to have a way to communicate with friends when riding. I don't plan to carry on long conversations when riding, but it would be nice to tell someone ahead of you that you need to turn off for one reason or to request their location if you get separatedin traffic.Cobra has an inexpensive27 mile extended range GMRS/FRS 2-way radioI thoughtwould would be better and cheaper than installing the H-D CB (or other brand). I just didn't know if a headset would work with this type of radio and if the VOX would work correctly.

Thanks for your help,

Old 04-15-2008, 08:13 PM
skree
Novice
Default RE: GMRS/FRS Two-Way Radios and Headsets

I use the scala q2 headsets when riding. They get radio, can answer your bluetooth phone, and the best feature (imo) voice activated. So you just start talking in order to communicate. You can talk over each other too.

The one caveat for a HArley Rider might be that it would really work best with a full face helmet.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Moosesultra
Cruiser
Default RE: GMRS/FRS Two-Way Radios and Headsets

I have a complete chatterboxgmrs x1setup somewhere in the house. I used it with my sportbike buddies and it worked pretty well. I know for a fact that speed doesn't affect them as we talked just fine at 140+. I had it installed in my full face helmet. I used the ptt button rather than relying on the vox system. I also plugged my mp3 player into it and listened to some great sounding music. I haven't used it in quite a while so if you want it, I'll let it go for $150. lemme know
Moose