Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.

WTB Ward Werks Cooling fan

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 10:20 PM
Love Jugs
Former Sponsor
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default As promised, here is the definitive answer to those interested in the differences between the new Mighty-Mite and the Wards fans.

You kept asking for answers on why we claim that our “Mighty Mite” cooling system is superior to the Ward's “WPWFCS” product. No disrespect to our competitors or the Harley community is intended. We're just presenting the facts that you have asked for. Love Jugs offer you smart engineering, impeccable quality, and a much greater value.

Love Jugs newest cooling system “Mighty Mite” is far superior to Wards “WPWFCS”. Although the appearance is similar, there are major engineering improvements that were necessary to bring the Mighty Might up to the high quality, ruggedness, and performance that was required for the Love Jugs name to be attached to this product, here's why....

1. The heart, and most important part of these units are the motors powering the fans. Both units have close to equal power yet the Mighty Might fans are far more reliable, explanation to follow. Wards buys inexpensive off the shelf Delta brand fans that are manufactured with an all plastic frame and housing. Due to the severe vibration, heat, and stresses experienced by the fans when installed on a Harley engine, the all plastic construction is prone to failure. Our propriety custom manufactured fans have eliminated the high failure rate caused by an off the shelf, all plastic fan. All Love Jugs fans are manufactured with a brass base (Patent Pending) that adds tremendous strength to handle the severe operating conditions experienced by their use on a Harley engine. The off the shelf fans used in the Wards product, were never intended to be used in such a violent and punishing environment.

With the violent vibration experienced by these products, failure of a fan, switch, wiring, etc is inevitable, yes, it's possible even on a super rugged Love Jugs unit. No worries if anything should fail on the Mighty Mite. All internal parts are easily replaceable even by a person with limited mechanical abilities. Example: If a Mighty Mite fan should fail, smart engineering will allow the consumer to replace the fan easily. The time required to complete the plug and play fan replacement is about 30 seconds, (not a misprint) A Wards fan failure requires the entire unit to be sent back to Wards for repair because it’s quite a task to replace the fan unit. A task that not many would attempt once they discover what is involved to successfully complete the Ward's fan replacement procedure.

Another example: If a toggle switch fails on the Wards product and requires replacement, once again, the entire unit needs to be sent back to Wards for repair, because the switch cavity on the Wards is filled with GE silicone making it extremely difficult to dig it out for replacement because the silicone encapsulates the switch and the wires. In our tests we were not able to complete this task without a lot of time spent, and the wires were damaged and needed to be replaced trying to free them from the silicone bond. Mighty Mite's have an access plate with a gasket. Removal of two screws allows for the removal of the plate and easy replacement of the switch if required. No soldering is required since our design uses plug in electrical terminals. Ward's switch replacement (after digging out the silicone) requires the de-soldering of the wires and then soldering is required to attach the wires to the switch.

2. Plug and play harness. All Love Jugs units come with a wire harness complete with a Deutch plug that plugs into the accessory switch plug on Harley's equipped with that feature. Also included are all electrical parts required if direct battery hook up is desired. Wards does not offer the plug and play installation.

3. Mighty Mite's also includes a new heavy duty Vibration Damper in every box, to replace the stock Harley vibration damper. This heavy duty and 33% thicker vibration damper better positions the unit for the strongest and most desired installation. Wards does not include a new heavy duty Vibration Damper.

4. Since the Wards product is not user serviceable, If you experience an issue that requires some sort of repair, all required repairs need to be shipped back to Wards for repair or replacement. That costly and aggravating procedure can take 30 days and longer, to get your Wards cooling system back on your Harley. If a Mighty Might unit should require a repair of any sort, the unit will be back up and running with a very easy to replace new part in a flash, usually within 2-3 days you're back up and running. No boxing the unit up for shipping, no shipping costs, no trips to the post office, Everything is on us because we honor the trust that you have put in us to present you with the best cooling products that money can buy. We will never let you down!

5. Customer Service. As all current Love Jugs owners know, Love Jugs customer service is our highest priority, that's why we offer assistance to any and all customers seven days a week. In the rare case that any replacement part is required, we priority mail the part at our expense, usually the same day or the next day if request comes in too late to get it out to the Post Office. In eight years, not a single customer has been ignored or denied quick resolution of any issue they may have. Any posts saying we did not promptly respond to any of our customers is simply not true. We are delighted and proud of the many testimonials by our customers praising our amazing customer service.

Although it's obvious even to the untrained eye, it costs a lot more to manufacture our Mighty Mite cooling system compared to the Wards product. Even our main frame hub is thicker and stronger than Wards. We are currently offering the flat black model with the screen front at a very low price of $299 and the all chrome screen front model at only $349. This is not a sales pitch because we are about 30 days away from offering this product for sale. Ordering our Mighty Mite will also be much easier than the Ward's back and forth deposit system, When offered for sale, you will simply click the "Buy it now" button on our website, and your Mighty Mites will arrive at your doorstep typically within in 2-3 days. Thank you all for your interest in our product, We will never let you down!

P.S. You are going to love your new Mighty Mite cooling system, I dare say that once you have a Love Jugs equipped Harley, you will never ride without them ever again.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:35 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Now the big question, will the mighty mite work with a mini beast 2 horn?

Old 02-03-2017, 08:09 AM
tgmotoman
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

When can we order, the website does not allow it right now?

Old 02-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
Now the big question, will the mighty mite work with a mini beast 2 horn?

I was wondering about this also, but it's probably something we'll have to figure out on our own. Lots of different configurations out there and I'm sure LJ doesn't have the time to test them all.

I'll say this, I had the Wards setup for awhile, and while I made it work with my Mini Beast Horn, I was never really confident in it. That was even after buying the extra strong mount that Jason sold.

That's been one of the things holding me back from buying the Cool Master, it didn't look like there would be enough space for the Mini Beast. I have the Mini Beast II

http://www.customdynamics.com/Images2/MB2chrome1.jpg

I'm hoping that the new Mighty Mite will work with the LJ Frame Mount mounting setup. That would make things very solid and should eliminate most of the vibration. Just have to find out if there's room for both.

If I buy the LJ Mighty Mite, I'll want it switched for on/off. I don't want to have to reach down to flip the switch on the fan, and I'm already using my Accessory switch for something else, so I'll have to find a spot to mount a switch on my tank console somewhere, shouldn't be too big of a deal.

I'm looking forward to seeing more specs on the Might Mite so I can determine for sure if I can make it work with the Mini Beast.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:09 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Love Jugs
You kept asking for answers on why we claim that our “Mighty Mite” cooling system is superior to the Ward's “WPWFCS” product. No disrespect to our competitors or the Harley community is intended. We're just presenting the facts that you have asked for. Love Jugs offer you smart engineering, impeccable quality, and a much greater value.

Love Jugs newest cooling system “Mighty Mite” is far superior to Wards “WPWFCS”. Although the appearance is similar, there are major engineering improvements that were necessary to bring the Mighty Might up to the high quality, ruggedness, and performance that was required for the Love Jugs name to be attached to this product, here's why....

1. The heart, and most important part of these units are the motors powering the fans. Both units have close to equal power yet the Mighty Might fans are far more reliable, explanation to follow. Wards buys inexpensive off the shelf Delta brand fans that are manufactured with an all plastic frame and housing. Due to the severe vibration, heat, and stresses experienced by the fans when installed on a Harley engine, the all plastic construction is prone to failure. Our propriety custom manufactured fans have eliminated the high failure rate caused by an off the shelf, all plastic fan. All Love Jugs fans are manufactured with a brass base (Patent Pending) that adds tremendous strength to handle the severe operating conditions experienced by their use on a Harley engine. The off the shelf fans used in the Wards product, were never intended to be used in such a violent and punishing environment.

With the violent vibration experienced by these products, failure of a fan, switch, wiring, etc is inevitable, yes, it's possible even on a super rugged Love Jugs unit. No worries if anything should fail on the Mighty Mite. All internal parts are easily replaceable even by a person with limited mechanical abilities. Example: If a Mighty Mite fan should fail, smart engineering will allow the consumer to replace the fan easily. The time required to complete the plug and play fan replacement is about 30 seconds, (not a misprint) A Wards fan failure requires the entire unit to be sent back to Wards for repair because it’s quite a task to replace the fan unit. A task that not many would attempt once they discover what is involved to successfully complete the Ward's fan replacement procedure.

Another example: If a toggle switch fails on the Wards product and requires replacement, once again, the entire unit needs to be sent back to Wards for repair, because the switch cavity on the Wards is filled with GE silicone making it extremely difficult to dig it out for replacement because the silicone encapsulates the switch and the wires. In our tests we were not able to complete this task without a lot of time spent, and the wires were damaged and needed to be replaced trying to free them from the silicone bond. Mighty Mite's have an access plate with a gasket. Removal of two screws allows for the removal of the plate and easy replacement of the switch if required. No soldering is required since our design uses plug in electrical terminals. Ward's switch replacement (after digging out the silicone) requires the de-soldering of the wires and then soldering is required to attach the wires to the switch.

2. Plug and play harness. All Love Jugs units come with a wire harness complete with a Deutch plug that plugs into the accessory switch plug on Harley's equipped with that feature. Also included are all electrical parts required if direct battery hook up is desired. Wards does not offer the plug and play installation.

3. Mighty Mite's also includes a new heavy duty Vibration Damper in every box, to replace the stock Harley vibration damper. This heavy duty and 33% thicker vibration damper better positions the unit for the strongest and most desired installation. Wards does not include a new heavy duty Vibration Damper.

4. Since the Wards product is not user serviceable, If you experience an issue that requires some sort of repair, all required repairs need to be shipped back to Wards for repair or replacement. That costly and aggravating procedure can take 30 days and longer, to get your Wards cooling system back on your Harley. If a Mighty Might unit should require a repair of any sort, the unit will be back up and running with a very easy to replace new part in a flash, usually within 2-3 days you're back up and running. No boxing the unit up for shipping, no shipping costs, no trips to the post office, Everything is on us because we honor the trust that you have put in us to present you with the best cooling products that money can buy. We will never let you down!

5. Customer Service. As all current Love Jugs owners know, Love Jugs customer service is our highest priority, that's why we offer assistance to any and all customers seven days a week. In the rare case that any replacement part is required, we priority mail the part at our expense, usually the same day or the next day if request comes in too late to get it out to the Post Office. In eight years, not a single customer has been ignored or denied quick resolution of any issue they may have. Any posts saying we did not promptly respond to any of our customers is simply not true. We are delighted and proud of the many testimonials by our customers praising our amazing customer service.

Although it's obvious even to the untrained eye, it costs a lot more to manufacture our Mighty Mite cooling system compared to the Wards product. Even our main frame hub is thicker and stronger than Wards. We are currently offering the flat black model with the screen front at a very low price of $299 and the all chrome screen front model at only $349. This is not a sales pitch because we are about 30 days away from offering this product for sale. Ordering our Mighty Mite will also be much easier than the Ward's back and forth deposit system, When offered for sale, you will simply click the "Buy it now" button on our website, and your Mighty Mites will arrive at your doorstep typically within in 2-3 days. Thank you all for your interest in our product, We will never let you down!

P.S. You are going to love your new Mighty Mite cooling system, I dare say that once you have a Love Jugs equipped Harley, you will never ride without them ever again.

After reading this impressive post, I wouldn't hesitate to give you my business. Thanks for providing the differences between the two units.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:26 AM
silveradoman2
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

Okay Steve I went on your web site and it says you can order the Mighty Mite. However you don't show the different options available. Chrome, Black, Grill designs. It just says the introductory price offer.
What's up with that? Will you show more options when?

Old 02-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by silveradoman2
Okay Steve I went on your web site and it says you can order the Mighty Mite. However you don't show the different options available. Chrome, Black, Grill designs. It just says the introductory price offer.
What's up with that? Will you show more options when?
I don't even see a way to order? Where did you see that?

Old 02-04-2017, 08:16 AM
silveradoman2
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

Mchad,
I looked at there web site this morning. Shows the introductory offer, but when you go to place an order they are not listed.

Tom

Old 02-04-2017, 08:17 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,313 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Originally Posted by Love Jugs
Blah blah...

Blah blah, here's why....

1. Blah blah

2. Blah blah

3. Blah blah

4. Blah blah

5. Blah blah

.... This is not a sales pitch because we are about 30 days away from offering this product for sale. Ordering our Mighty Mite will also be much easier than the Ward's back and forth deposit system, When offered for sale, you will simply click the "Buy it now" button on our website, and your Mighty Mites will arrive at your doorstep typically within in 2-3 days...

P.S. Blah blah

Note: "Blah blah" = Shortening

Old 02-04-2017, 08:32 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by silveradoman2
Mchad,
I looked at there web site this morning. Shows the introductory offer, but when you go to place an order they are not listed.

Tom
Got it. Tx.

Quick Reply: WTB Ward Werks Cooling fan