Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.

WTB King Tour Pack for '86 FLTC Tour Glide Classic.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014 | 09:44 PM
JohnnyC
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default WTB King Tour Pack for '86 FLTC Tour Glide Classic.

Help. I'm attempting to rebuild my recently accident damaged 1986 FLTC Tour Glide Classic. Having trouble locating a King Tour Pack to fit my ride.

Would prefer one in good condition. No cracks or breaks (I already have one of those). I will be repainting it to match so cosmetic issues and color match is not important.

If you have one for sale, or a lead on one, or a suggestion of an aftermarket one that will fit please let me know.

Old 10-30-2014 | 02:08 PM
Alanpeevler
2nd Gear
Default WTB King Tour Pack for '86 FLTC Tour Glide Classic.

i have one in my junk yard to part with, shoot me at alanpeevler@gmail.com for more details

Old 10-30-2014 | 09:25 PM
JohnnyC
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Alan, Thanks for taking time to make me an offer.

I have a lead on one right now through a PM. Sounds like a good opportunity. Will know more midweek.

Feeling much better about rebuilding my bike after the accident. Wife even came up with an idea for a total repaint. I'm thinking I'll be rolling out in spring in style on my old "86".

Old 12-24-2014 | 12:59 PM
JohnnyC
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Just got my settlement offer for the September collision and my '86 has been totaled. The appraised value of my bike came back at $6,123 (value prior to the accident) and the repair estimate was $11,297. Not sure what I'm going to do, but I'm certain I'm buying it back for $919.

A very generous forum member has helped me collect most all of the hard to get parts. I'm now considering repairing the unique existing fairing, installing the aftermarket caddy and new stereo I have now, and repainting to match, the replacement trunk I also have. Probably won't be investing much more to make it look perfect.

I had just gotten all the mechanical / electrical repairs in top working order about three weeks before the collision and fortunately it was more cosmetic body parts that were damaged than anything else. I'm hoping to start a new bike fund with what's left over.