VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Why should I buy a V-rod?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 04:07 PM
dogyakker
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why should I buy a V-rod?

Ok, I have the opportunity to "upgrade" my Sportster to a V-rod but why should I?

Convince me!

Chris

Old 04-02-2007, 07:29 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Why should I buy a V-rod?

Just like you said---because it's an upgrade. Power, style, appeal..........

And it's not going to be your "just another Harley"

Old 04-02-2007, 07:32 PM
tireater
Banned

NO DIFFERENCE - YA STILL GOTTA PARK IN THE FEMENINE HYGENE SECTION....neither bike is very popular around here.....

Old 04-02-2007, 10:55 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would we need to park in your home Andre?

Old 04-03-2007, 01:01 AM
triple buzz
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

dude rides a street bob (plus sized sportster ) and talks smack ??? can't we all just get along ?What's he going to ride when harleys are forced to go liquid by emmisons or from falling behind? I know there is plenty of push rod harleys out thier that will run with a Vrod but they got 10 grand locked up in the motor . I read nothing but crap by that guy . I wonder what his 100hp cost him. He's only 26 behind now.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:23 AM
tireater
Banned

GOOD ONE - baggers are big here - then softtails and dynas and sportys...V rods? at least they are cheap...
Ido like the look of the blacked out V rod....
Don't know anyone with a v rod and I see hundreds of bikes every weekend...THIS IS NOT SMACK TALK...!
Iknow 5 guys with Sportys - most are small in stature...many people here buy one for a year and get a full sized bike after that...
At the bike blessing - there was @400 bikes here. Not 1 guy on a sporty. @10 women rode them. Some were gay and this was obvious. It is not talking smack to say that half of the women I know that ride their bikes are gay - many on Sportys...
THE ONLY THING I KNOW ABOUT V RODS - IS THEY SOUND FUNNY ON THE FREEWAY - THAT'S IT !!!
Gotta be honest - my new bike buying days may be over - I will build my next one..

Old 04-03-2007, 01:36 AM
tireater
Banned

$24k in St. Bob w/o interest and labor -I do all the work - and this bike has NEVER been passed by a Harley...
Don't feel bad - I puffed a $50k titanium Ducati on my DRZ - which has never been passed...ONLY 5 IN THE WORLD....
But v rod - come on - guy pulled up on one with the 1/2 chromed little bags and chrome dip special at our mountain top bar....
NO ONE EVEN TALKED TO HIM....THAT BIKE WAS *** SOUNDS LIKE DAY...NOTHING PERSONAL...GEEEZE....
THINKING OF DOING A TRIUMPH CHOP - OR HONDA BOARD TRACKER - OR CHEAP HONDA CHOP WITH TANK SHIFT....
OH YEAH...MY BIKES ARE PAID OFF AND I HAVE ALL THE PINKS (not talking about your undies).....lighten up !!!

Old 04-03-2007, 01:53 AM
triple buzz
Tourer

ORIGINAL: tireater

GOOD ONE - baggers are big here - then softtails and dynas and sportys...V rods? at least they are cheap...
Ido like the look of the blacked out V rod....
Don't know anyone with a v rod and I see hundreds of bikes every weekend...THIS IS NOT SMACK TALK...!
Iknow 5 guys with Sportys - most are small in stature...many people here buy one for a year and get a full sized bike after that...
At the bike blessing - there was @400 bikes here. Not 1 guy on a sporty. @10 women rode them. Some were gay and this was obvious. It is not talking smack to say that half of the women I know that ride their bikes are gay - many on Sportys...
THE ONLY THING I KNOW ABOUT V RODS - IS THEY SOUND FUNNY ON THE FREEWAY - THAT'S IT !!!
Gotta be honest - my new bike buying days may be over - I will build my next one..
Little guys ride sportsters here too , but we don't make fun of them for it . Atleast they are riding. Out this way it's not about what everyone else is riding , it's the fact we are riding. If V-roders want more then posing and the whole look at me thing . We want proformance for our dough. Dam dude still can't figure you out .

Old 04-03-2007, 02:09 AM
tireater
Banned

I'm not making fun of them. I know a little guy that had a new sporty and sold it and bought new one that was blacker...
But he never parks around the rest of the harleys or hangs out with us...
As far as a chick bike - my buddy now wishes his ol' lady had a Dyna - maybe her compound fractured leg and smashed foot wouldn't have cost them 2 mil.- $50 damage to bike when she hit a truck head on on a twisty road leading 2 other people...1 who crashed on a sporty with no damage. Yep - 2 of 3 crashed on a ride...

Old 04-03-2007, 02:33 AM
triple buzz
Tourer

ORIGINAL: tireater

$24k in St. Bob w/o interest and labor -I do all the work - and this bike has NEVER been passed by a Harley...
Don't feel bad - I puffed a $50k titanium Ducati on my DRZ - which has never been passed...ONLY 5 IN THE WORLD....
But v rod - come on - guy pulled up on one with the 1/2 chromed little bags and chrome dip special at our mountain top bar....
NO ONE EVEN TALKED TO HIM....THAT BIKE WAS *** SOUNDS LIKE DAY...NOTHING PERSONAL...GEEEZE....
THINKING OF DOING A TRIUMPH CHOP - OR HONDA BOARD TRACKER - OR CHEAP HONDA CHOP WITH TANK SHIFT....
OH YEAH...MY BIKES ARE PAID OFF AND I HAVE ALL THE PINKS (not talking about your undies).....lighten up !!!
Cool I am totally impressed your stuff is paid off. $24g's 100 hp and good brakes, sweet.I see you are all about the poser part . I bet you are pissed if nobody talks to you at the bar. Is that whats its all about ,spending $$$ and talking at the bar ? Idragknees on my bikes all the time but I don't need to telll the world about it. You tell me to lighten up but you still poke at me in your reply. total poser squid. You talk out both sides of your mouth.One thread speeding is bad and your kicking bikes over and the next your never been passed Nicky Hayden bad a$$ ?? And if you think I am mad what you think of my rod get over it.it's just a bike . I got 6 others to ride that are just bikes also. I'ts how you go about it that draws replys.

Quick Reply: Why should I buy a V-rod?