VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Help with jacket for warm weather...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:05 AM
nightrodspecial
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with jacket for warm weather...

I rode my nightrod special on Saturday and it was about 85-89 degrees. I have a black leather jacket with no zip out liner and it has armor etc. It does have air vents but I found that the weather saturday is my limit. I could not handle it any hotter with that jacket. What do y'all do for warm weather riding? I still want protection but I don't want to sweat to death. I am looking at a jacket like this:

Men's Aeration Leather Jacket

Perfect for warm weather riding. Perforated leather throughout lower front body, under arms and back side panels for superior ventilation. Mandarin collar. Two front zippered hand-warmer pockets and two inside pockets. Pre-formed and zippered sleeves with snap down cuff strap that secures zipper pull in place. Action back with power stretch down sides of back for ease of movement. Custom Harley-Davidson® embroidered leather appliqué graphics on both sleeves.

98106-04VM

MSRPUS $325.00 - US $365.00 per size and/or color

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

Old 03-27-2007, 12:11 PM
CJKCyclone
Intermediate
Default RE: Help with jacket for warm weather...

I have a Powertrip textile mesh jacket. It has armor built into the shoulders, elbows, and back, but air goes right through it. I have found it to be perfect for warm weather.

Even perforated leather is going to be warmer than textile...I bet. And, it will save you oney...I think mine was like 140 bucks a couple years ago when I bought it.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:31 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nightrodspecial
What do y'all do for warm weather riding?
I ride in a T-shirt. Look at my avatar.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:04 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

I ahve the aeration jacket. It's good for 80. The good thing is, you get good air when you're moving. The bad news is, it's just as hot as anything else when standing still. I've been riding in long sleeves and a vest, short sleeve and a vest when really hot.

I'm going to look into a mesh jacket this year. Like something completely plain black and they all seem to have some kind of piping...

Old 03-28-2007, 12:22 PM
nightrodspecial
6th Gear

I was worried the aeration jacket that is leather may still be too warm for hot days in Atlanta area where it is 90+ degrees in the summer. I may look at the other types of jackets as well. Thanks for the replies.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Eve L.
Stage III

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

not a bad jacket from Harley. We picked up a solid black mesh jacket at the dealer for $100 and it's great for warm weather. Had to put in the armor from an old Joe Rocket jacket we had around, though, 'cause it didn't come with it. Motorcyle Superstore online has some good deals usually on Joe Rocket jackets.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:29 PM
vanslam
Banned

I wear an Icon mesh jacket. Its good all the way up to the high 90's. Anything is better than wearing nothing.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:28 PM
FatBob01
Tourer

Hey Bro,
I live in Columbus, GA, so I feel your heat problem. Year round, we (Army) have to wear a long sleeve shirt/jacket PLUS a reflective vest, gloves, pants, boots, DOT helmet to get on base. When I'm not in Uniform, running to base, I wear the same jacket Eve L. posted a link to the HD website with a reflective vest. It's cool, lets wind blow right through when your riding, but at a stoplight, it's still wicked hot. Off base, I wear a T shirt, it's just too hot to put up with that crap all the time.
Just over here lookin' at the VRod's!!!
BOB

Old 02-20-2008, 07:37 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kind of odd how old threads keep getting re-born. As someone who has ridden several summers in Phoenix and one in Atlanta, there is only ONE hot weather jacket: Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0. Try Cycle Gear. Usually under $100 and well armored. Anything else will cook you. The Phoenix 4 is actually cooler than wearing just a tee. I also wear a more or less silver full face helmet to keep from getting baked or having my face burned off. I'm also an Arizona desert native. I learned to ride on dirt bikes. I know just a bit about riding in extreme heat.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:44 PM
HarleyGirl76
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: eazy

ORIGINAL: nightrodspecial
What do y'all do for warm weather riding?
I ride in a T-shirt. Look at my avatar.
Always the rebel. I wear leather - see my avatar. Please ignore me, I'm just trying to get over 100 posts.... Please don't flame, I won't do it again, I promise.

Seriously, thanks for the feedback on the cooler jackets. I've been looking for one that is cooler but protective.

Lisa

Quick Reply: Help with jacket for warm weather...