VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

It's a Porsche design people ..

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 04:25 PM
52isntbigenough
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you own one? Because in all honesty, if somebody wants a Vr to sound like a traditional HD, you can get pretty close actually. The stock cans, debaffled, aren't that far off.

The following users liked this post:
80ci (05-23-2022)
Old 05-18-2013, 04:56 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

The new Ducati Diavel's VTwin 1200cc engine makes 162HP compared to 122HP for the 1250cc VRod. The Diavel also weighs 100lb less due to trelles frame with engine as a stressed member and careful use of aluminum & composites vs old style steel perimeter frame and the chrome plated steel parts on the VRod. This bike is targeted directly at the VRod and the muscle cruiser market, it will be interesting to see if it has any effect on VRod sales.

Last edited by fat_tony; 05-18-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:44 PM
JWR
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you can, I've heard it with after market exhaust. It didn't sound to shabby. But again just another added cost. But hey, to each their own. But if I'm buying a V-Rod the potato sound is not a priority.

Last edited by JWR; 05-18-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 05-18-2013, 05:45 PM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

This thread is worthless, go buy a yamasaki

Old 05-18-2013, 05:49 PM
JWR
Intermediate

The reviews say it's an 'unstable ride', not to mentions where talking upwards of $19k +. It's a bad mother no doubt, but the cost to maintain a Ducati. Then again as I have said, if you can afford to buy one you can afford to maintain it.

The V-MAX would be more inline towards the Rods. And the Max is bullet proof, long history. The beauty of the Night Rod Special, is that even a beginner could handle it. You get on that Ducati you better have your act together. The MAX, you damn near better be a pro.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:05 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

The whole deal behind a Harley is the "Vintage" look, feel and sound, but without the "vintage" headaches. If you want "REAL" performance, buy a multicylinder metric that relines at 8-10K RPM. For those of you who forgot your junior high school algebra, HP = Torque x RPM ÷ 5252, so as one increases RPM, HP increases in a linear fashion, ie, for a given engine, 6000 RPM will produce TWICE the HP of 3000 RPM.

Not that the VRODS aren't fast, beautiful bikes, but you don't get the "vintage" aspect, and you don't get the bang for the buck you get from a multicylinder metric. To put my money where my mouth is, I had an FXDF and a Honda ST1300. When I had to sell one or the other, I sold the Honda; even though it was good for 100 MPH on a wet highway, it just wasn't as much "fun" as the FXDF...

PS: Did you know that Ferdinand Porsche was Adolph Hitler's A$$hole buddy???

Old 05-18-2013, 06:25 PM
JWR
Intermediate

Very well said. And even 'old school air cool' Harley that don't run will still be worth more in 5 years then most any other brand on the market.

Harley represents what motorcycling was originally all about. Not to mention that even a total nerd on any Harley will get laid more times then the nitro boys living in suburbia and drinking Lowenbrau.

And no one who has ever ridden a motorcycle has ever gone through their lives not secretly wanting a Harley.

And even though Harley is pimp on Wall-Street like all the rest of our so called American icons, it is the riders of Harley that represent perhaps the last honest thing in America. It's only because of them that Harley is view as one of the last American icons.

If we lose that sense of America, then there isn't much left in this country now that has any traditional value anymore.

The following users liked this post:
80ci (05-23-2022)
Old 05-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Markk9
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

To all you air head H-D people, H-D has been in bed with Porsche Engineering far longer than the V-Rod.

All you air head do understand that Porsche did major engineering for the Evo engine, mostly cylinder head/combustion chamber design as well as the Twin-cam top end.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Markk9
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JWR

Harley represents what motorcycling was originally all about. Not to mention that even a total nerd on any Harley will get laid more times then the nitro boys living in suburbia and drinking Lowenbrau.
I think you need to go take a ride on any military base and look at all girls that hang on the sportbike guys.

Most H-D buyers and owners are one trick ponies.

I own are ride different styles bikes, each has it's place and it's following.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:51 PM
JWR
Intermediate

I hear ya, but there shopping price. And the chick-a-dees are into the man in uniform. That's all they see.

And most will eventually end up on a Harley. After all it was Harley who put the G.I. on cheap wheels after WW2, and so there is a long strong connection there.

Not to mention, a young soldier should never be having a steady girlfriend until after they muster out. Cause even a good percentage of wives are cheating. So you can bet a girl friend would do it as well.

Quick Reply: It's a Porsche design people ..