VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

It's a Porsche design people ..

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 05:05 PM
JWR
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing against it, but it's actually not needed . Harley's are not performance bikes. Not design that way. The reason now if say the Glides go that route is strictly monetary.

Same thing happen 30 years ago in the auto industry. We traded reliability for throw away, but these company's cannot survive on anything more then a five year turn around. The average now for consumers to trade their vehicles in is 3-5 years.

And you could not fix it if you tried. Your car/truck is one giant computer. Harley see's the demographics changing, how many 20-30 somethings can drop $10k on a bike, not many. So, the Glide with water cool get's you another what ? I mean, if you say at least 5 years more, the maintenance will eat up any cost savings.

But like I pointed out above, at the cost of a Glide who's really worried about money. It's like the person that ask how much mileage a boat gets, if your asking you can't afford it.

To answer your question don't confuse technology with gimmicks, that one can certainly do without.

Last edited by JWR; 05-17-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 05-17-2013, 05:09 PM
JoelS
Advanced

"cause it's the same talk you'll here on other sites"

"because it's the same writing you will see, on other sites"

...not feeding, just correcting, ****, that doesn't make any sense...

Old 05-17-2013, 05:14 PM
JWR
Intermediate

Yeah, I have little doubt you can't comprehend. Carry on ..

Old 05-17-2013, 05:58 PM
52isntbigenough
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fat_tony
I'm not sure what a lot of HD owers have against water cooled engines. It's just technology progressing. They can be built to tighter tolerances because they have less thermal expansion issues, they don't over heat in traffic, they last longer between rebuilds, they can be tuned more precisely and leaner because their controlled operational temp range is very narrow, they burn fuel more efficiently and make can make more power. There is no down side to them. What gives?
Three words Tony, Potato,Potato,Potato.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:27 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by JWR
I didn't come here to destroy anyone's grand illusions, except to simply say most of you have no clue. You watch to many bike building cable shows. And most of the crap you build in your garages are about as design innovative as what ?

They all look and sound the same, right. Oh that's right you have to make it personal. What are you afraid of, that the Harley crowd won't accept you. So, you spend $15k + and discover the V-Rod didn't help your manhood any.

Life sucks uh ..
First of all you should try to write in an understandable English,then explain to us if you're trying to be provocative or what, since most of us don't get the sense or the purpose of your posts.I suggest you take a laxative!

Old 05-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Scaredofrain
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by luisan
First of all you should try to write in an understandable English,then explain to us if you're trying to be provocative or what, since most of us don't get the sense or the purpose of your posts.I suggest you take a laxative!
He, he, ease off on the guy. He is merely informing us that we are the dumbest people on the net and that we know nothing. He is only doing his duty by letting us know that as "the forum oracle" he is presiding and, his infallible advice is available for all us mortals to enrich ourselves with.
Hail to the oracle!!

Old 05-18-2013, 10:42 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Scaredofrain
He, he, ease off on the guy. He is merely informing us that we are the dumbest people on the net and that we know nothing. He is only doing his duty by letting us know that as "the forum oracle" he is presiding and, his infallible advice is available for all us mortals to enrich ourselves with.
Hail to the oracle!!
Yes,but I'm still convinced that he should take a laxative!

Old 05-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by luisan
Yes,but I'm still convinced that he should take a laxative!
But if he took a laxative it would make him expel all his brains.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Scaredofrain
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Chester
But if he took a laxative it would make him expel all his brains.
Too late!

Old 05-18-2013, 01:40 PM
JWR
Intermediate
Thumbs up

Ha, ha all in good fun. (my papa always said I had s--t for brains) Anyway people the point was that trying to get the V-Rod to sound like a traditional Harley is an exercise in futility.

It's not design to sound like a Harley. Enjoy it for what it is. It's still every bit a Harley. Nothing to be ashamed about. Understand what you have. And if not, then go to 'old school' Harley and enjoy.

And speaking of 'old school' for those of you out there who can't grasp the idea of what makes a Harley a Harley, stop trying to change tradition. You want all the gadgets then go metric. You new age youngsters need to step back a minute and wake up, cause nothing these company's do are for your benefit. And Harley Davidson is no different from any other company trading on Wall-Street.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Quick Reply: It's a Porsche design people ..