VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Different headlight for V-ROD Muscle?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 09:42 PM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Different headlight for V-ROD Muscle?

I love the bike, have an opportunity on a 2011 model but as with the traditional V-ROD the headlamp leaves me unimpressed. Anybody seen a different headlamp setup for it. I for one think the twin lamps that are on the FAT BOB would look impressive if the proper bracket could be fabricated. Any suggestions? Doc

Old 07-24-2012, 07:22 AM
CPT America
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On the Muscle I would lean more toward a Buell headlight setup than the Fat Bob duals. I think the Buell lights would flow better with the lines of the Muscle. Just my $.02

Old 08-05-2012, 11:40 PM
JayDRod
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The LED lighting system they have at the HD dealer that fits the V-Rod is pretty nice. I may go to it in the near future. Small. No "hot spots" or "rings" in yor field of vision at night (evenly lit) and so I think safer than stock.

Also (best of all) a smaller LIDAR reflector target too so a bit harder for police to get a 1/4 mile reading on your speed. The parbolic reflectors in the back of many headlights are great for divulging your speed to LIDAR and this is what they are trained to aim for as a frontal target on motorcyclists. If I get it I will re-paint the back reflectors with a 905nm absorbing pigment so block LIDAR NIR reflection to make it even more exceedingly hard for this jokers to get a reading on me. They will get a reading... no stopping that. But best when I have already seen them and have ajusted my speed. I just can't ride safely and focus on my speedometer like they would have you do. Not for me... I ride based on "consistency with surrounding traffic" -- that is safest.