VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Guys please!! Need some opinions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 02:01 PM
FLTR08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Vrcsr

I hate to say this but if your paying more than $6500 for an 06 R it's too much. I just got one that is flawless with less than 10K miles for $6000. The R was a complete disaster for Harley. Sport Bike riders hate Harleys and Harley riders hate the sport bike riding position. They came out with an 07 but only sent out the first round then stopped production because no dealers ordered any more. The only reason there are a lot of 06s out there is because dealers were forced to take them otherwise it would have been canceled before the first model year ended. All the VRods have low value but the VRCSR is in the basement.

Don't get me wrong. It is probably the best Harley ever made but good doesn't translate to successful in the motorcycle world..look at Buell. The sport bike magazines that hate Harley even said it was a great bike. Even though there are a limited number of Rs I doubt it will ever be considered a "Rare" harley or ever be a collectors item.

Another thing to remember is that the R has some unique features. It has different metal work and parts than all the previous VRods and a lot of that wasn't used on later VRods so when you look in the parts books you will see "Fits all VRSC models except VRCSR." If you have your dealer check you will see a lot of things like bags, bagmounts, fender plates, etc are on the obsolete list and there aren't enough Rs out there to make ebay a source.

If Harley would make another like the R with a full set of body work, full fixed fairing, Bags, ABS Integrated brakes, etc the latest and greatest in audio and electronics similar to the BMW RT it would be an amazing bike. I don't mean an R with a Road Glide Fairing cobbled on. I mean a real sport touring bike.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:18 AM
jrod2000901
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can agree with almost everything that FLTR08 said, except finding one under $6500 with low mileage. He did get a steal! I'd shop around various craigslist sites. I do believe I found one in the KC for around 7000ish. The parts are getting harder and harder to find. Good luck and happy memorial day.