dean owens
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i had the money i'd get a v-rod.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:14 AM
ULTRA Gramps
Outstanding HDF Member

Just traded 09 ultra in for a 08 DX with 2300 miles. So far no complaints. Just a **** eatin grin that has not gone away.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:08 AM
nightroddersp
Cruiser

i find the riding position comfortable, more so on the highway... i rode mine for 16 hours in a day with regular stops here and there(nothing more then when i drive my car)... doesn't have a windshield either... my sporty with no windshield made my ars hurt and my lower back cramp up from risisting the winds on the highway... rent it for a weekend and take it on a trip you have to put some hours on it before you can decide, minutes or a ride around the block will not give you a real comparison to what you are used to...be prepared for shell shock because of the back tire and riding position they take some getting used to...

Old 09-03-2011, 11:24 AM
VRodnWV
Advanced

Originally Posted by nightroddersp
i find the riding position comfortable, more so on the highway... i rode mine for 16 hours in a day with regular stops here and there(nothing more then when i drive my car)... doesn't have a windshield either... my sporty with no windshield made my ars hurt and my lower back cramp up from risisting the winds on the highway... rent it for a weekend and take it on a trip you have to put some hours on it before you can decide, minutes or a ride around the block will not give you a real comparison to what you are used to...be prepared for shell shock because of the back tire and riding position they take some getting used to...
I rode yesterday for 8 hours and most high speeds and funny you should mention the shield or lack of one, I get a sore neck from the high winds and have thought about some kinda shield but damn I just cant bare the though of one on it, I have seen a couple shorter ones on farrings that looked cool but have not found where to get one for the 2012.

Oh and Rock if you have not decided yet, just buy it already,Im sure if you dont like it you can sell it I get told every day I ride if I ever sell it to call them.

Last edited by VRodnWV; 09-03-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:11 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I have over 1,500 on mine now in the past three weeks. I tour on an Ultra and found the Night Rod to be comfortable enough in comparison.

It is the cornering that pleased me the most. I am older and slower than back in the day when I ran my Norton Commando Fastback in the late 60's and early 70's.

The V-Rod has gotten me back to were I am confident in corners. I just push hard down on the inside bar and it carves through the corner like I did so many years ago.

I feel like I'm 19 again and not 71. Thank you V-Rod!

I do have a small shield on order to keep the pressure off of my chest.