VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

VROD for One Armed Rider?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:31 AM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Another Young Sinner
Okay, so I have a really close friend that loves the look of the V-ROD. He was born with only half of his right arm. This is a guy I have talked to about running a shop together somewhere down the road, so he definitely is not afraid to do some wrenching. So my question to you guys is how hard would it be to mod a VROD so that he could ride comfortable. He has a prosthetic arm by the way, it just isn't near as versatile as the natural ones. Thanks in advance for any help.
dude, absolutely, he can still ride!!! if he has elbow function and has full range of motion with his forearm, he could very well still ride on 2 wheels! If he doesn't then he could ride 2 but may have trouble in an emergency situation.

Among a host of other injuries I lost my right arm at the shoulder, courtesy of a drunk driver, in 2006. I considered going with 2 wheels, but made the personal choice to go with three. I'm riding the same bike from the accident and after a lot of blood, sweat and tears my friends converted it so that it can be operated with one hand.

Attached are a few pics of my ride as converted for use with the left arm only. One of them is me on a Christmas Toy Run so ignore the cheesey elf hat. hahaha...

Feel free to email me if there are any questions. Here is a website that may give your friend some ideas.

http://www.mtb-amputee.com/motorcycleamputee.htm

grimm

Attached Thumbnails VROD for One Armed Rider?-evil-elf.jpg   VROD for One Armed Rider?-photo.jpg   VROD for One Armed Rider?-facebook-1.jpg   VROD for One Armed Rider?-facebook-2.jpg  
Old 04-07-2011, 07:15 AM
knightenforcer
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweeet ride Grimm!
You're a big example that "when there's a will there's way!"
God Bless u and stay safe bro.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Another Young Sinner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grimm
dude, absolutely, he can still ride!!! if he has elbow function and has full range of motion with his forearm, he could very well still ride on 2 wheels! If he doesn't then he could ride 2 but may have trouble in an emergency situation.

Among a host of other injuries I lost my right arm at the shoulder, courtesy of a drunk driver, in 2006. I considered going with 2 wheels, but made the personal choice to go with three. I'm riding the same bike from the accident and after a lot of blood, sweat and tears my friends converted it so that it can be operated with one hand.

Attached are a few pics of my ride as converted for use with the left arm only. One of them is me on a Christmas Toy Run so ignore the cheesey elf hat. hahaha...

Feel free to email me if there are any questions. Here is a website that may give your friend some ideas.

http://www.mtb-amputee.com/motorcycleamputee.htm

grimm
That is a sharp looking ride man!! Props to you for continuing to ride! This post definitely made me much more confident!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:55 PM
jen79
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look up Gypsy in the queens of the rode section also. She made a bike and has a simular situation and came up with great ideas.