VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Foward controls on Niterod ?????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Nunezep
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Foward controls on Niterod ?????????

My cousin has a 2006 Niterod vrscd.....he desperatly wants foward controls......Has anyone tried to use vrod fowards on the niterod?? Vmod has a set for 700.00 just too rick for him......wondering if anyone can find a solution for cheaper. Let me know......thanks

Old 08-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

You can use Harley Parts. Just go into the dealer and have them order the parts for a NRS, they will bolt right on.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:33 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended

Uh, yah, if you can't trade with DX owner, it's going to cost about $700. I hope everyone converts their Ds to long-horn DXs. The Fewer the Ds there are, the more mine is worth!

Old 08-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by DesertSpeed
Uh, yah, if you can't trade with DX owner, it's going to cost about $700. I hope everyone converts their Ds to long-horn DXs. The Fewer the Ds there are, the more mine is worth!
Yeah Nunezep. Now that you have your information, you might want to think long and hard if this is really something you want to do.

I went from forwards to mids/highway pegs on my DX and haven't looked back. In terms of functionality, that's where it's at.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Shadetree Prez
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love having the forwards on mine. i have an 09 and couldnt imagine having mids. granted, i also ride a chopper and like that stretched out feeling but i realize its not for everyone. if that is also how you like to ride, then its worth the investment to be comfortable and have peace of mind.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:23 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended

The D comes stock with highway pegs and the mids. I like getting nasty in the twisties. Now that I have the Arnott's with the the thumb buttons, I can really let the D strut solo or with my wife on the back.
I also crank the thumb wheel down on the Interstate, throw my feet over the pegs. kick back and let the Night Rod eat miles. If I get uncomfortable, I change position. It's not unusual for my wife to have a foot on the mids if I'm on the pegs.
But, if anyone wants to mess up a perfectly fine bike, it's theirs, go for it. I just can't understand people buying a D or R when they want a DX or an AW, then whine about the cost to modify a bike.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:31 PM
txdxrider
5th Gear

I have a DX - Nightrod Special - LOVE - again - LOVE the forward controls....

Old 09-01-2010, 06:31 PM
CJDMOON
Stage II

How about going the other way? My Dad has a 2007 Niterod special, He is about 5'7" and would like his controls moved "backwards" to mid control. How is the best way to do this? He likes the riding position of his 92 Heritage.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:08 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended

Originally Posted by CJDMOON
How about going the other way? My Dad has a 2007 Niterod special, He is about 5'7" and would like his controls moved "backwards" to mid control. How is the best way to do this? He likes the riding position of his 92 Heritage.
Trade parts with Nunezep's cousin.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:28 AM
CJDMOON
Stage II

Isn't it all about the mounting, and not just the controls? My Dad has friends that have modified their controls to move them backwards to most, (rearward), that really like them but I would like to learn more about how to do it! thanks

Quick Reply: Foward controls on Niterod ?????????