VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

V-Rod Muscle v. Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010 | 01:45 PM
defyet
|
Stage I
Default V-Rod Muscle v. Fat Bob

I am new to the forum and ask your wise opinions. - I am a Night Train rider and love the bike's aggressive stance and feel. I am also 6'3" tall and like stretching out with drag bars. One thing I do not like is the sluggishness in breaking with the Night Train. I am considering moving to the V-Rod Muscle or the Fat Bob and have not yet driven either. I like the aggressiveness of both, their feel on the showroom floor, and like that both have dual front discs. The V-Rod goes further on the stopping front with ABS, which is a plus in my eyes. Is there anything else I should consider in helping me make my decision over just the "feel" of the bike? Thanks.

Old 04-30-2010 | 05:56 PM
tjvrodrick
Club Member

Take them for a test ride you will love the power of the V-Rod....

Old 04-30-2010 | 06:03 PM
Joe477
Tourer

The Muscle is a hell of a ride with a load of power and looks bad *** as hell. I went with the Fat Bob because I like a little more relaxed feel and style. I take my FB on long trips and it is comfortable to cruise on. My buddy goes with me and has a V-Rod. He doesn't care for it on the long hauls. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I still vote FB. With some mods and elbow greese, you can get all the power you need.

Old 04-30-2010 | 09:09 PM
ElusiveThorn
Tourer

Originally Posted by Joe477
The Muscle is a hell of a ride with a load of power and looks bad *** as hell. I went with the Fat Bob because I like a little more relaxed feel and style. I take my FB on long trips and it is comfortable to cruise on. My buddy goes with me and has a V-Rod. He doesn't care for it on the long hauls. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I still vote FB. With some mods and elbow greese, you can get all the power you need.

The Fat Bob is air cooled and all but for me I have a hard time relaxing and just cruising on the Fat Bob. I have a 103 and a BR VH 2-1, stage 4 and its a beast!

Old 04-30-2010 | 09:29 PM
Davidus1
Novice

I don't think you can make a bad choice between those two great bikes! If you can test ride them I would. I'm only 5'10 so I can imagine being 6'3 you would need forward controls on the FB. Good luck with your choice!

Old 04-30-2010 | 10:59 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended

The Revo engine is a whole lot smoother than the Evo. The V-rods will churn all day long regardless of the weather. Then ther's that power thing. The V-rods have smaller engines, but more more horsepower.
I'm 6'2" and I ride a Night Rod with mid controls. The D also has highway pegs and I use them. Sometimes it irritates my son because his old Honda GL500 doesn't have highway pegs. I'm not sure he can hang his feet on the passenger pegs like I used to do on my Yamaha. He's 6'4" and dieing to get an F. The bike fits him perfect.

Old 05-01-2010 | 07:19 PM
SteelHorseDX08
6th Gear

I was looking hard at a F myself.. I was about to pull the trigger on it and found my NightRod Special with ABS, my last bike was a ST1300.... Smooth bike and awesome linked brakes...
Well, I love my DX over that bike and the ABS is amazing! Get it!
You will not regret it!

Old 05-01-2010 | 10:15 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior

The Fat Bob is the only current Dyna with 2 actual (tho still weak) front discs. If big power floats your boat, the Dyna just won't cut it compared to a Vrod.....unless you dump several thousand bucks into the Dyna engine. Love my Fat Bob and Vrods (especially the ol' Street Rods); so it would be a tough choice between the two if they appeal to you equally. The Fat Bob tho, is a surprisingly agile bike for a fat cruiser........
Name:  Harley2010.jpg
Views: 4281
Size:  51.4 KB

Old 05-02-2010 | 12:30 AM
nuberton
Advanced

Who cares about safety and performance? Motorcycles should be bought based purely on bad-assedness. That's why there's ape-hangers and open primaries.

Old 05-02-2010 | 10:21 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended

Some people have John-Deeres, some have Corvettes.

Quick Reply: V-Rod Muscle v. Fat Bob