VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Dyna owner visiting with a V-Rod handlebar question

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 07:28 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dyna owner visiting with a V-Rod handlebar question

My brother-in-law is 50 years old, 5'8", and has some back issues. Last year he purchased a 2005 VRSC-B and experiences some discomfort because of the reach to the bars. He would like to sit more upright.

I found a set of reduced reach bars offered by Harley. The part # is 56533-02. Here is a item description for Surdyke:

V-ROD REDUCED REACH HANDLEBARS
This 2" pull-back handlebar positions the rider in an upright seating posture for long-ride comfort. When combined with the Forward Position Seat P/N 52024-01 and the Reduced Reach Foot Control Kit P/N 50270-02, the V-Rod can be tailored to fit the shorter rider’s physical size. Kit includes one-piece handlebar and stainless steel brake line assembly. Fits ’02-later VRSCA models.

Neither one of us is familiar with the differences in the V-Rod models. It says above these bars will fit the 02 and later VRSCA models.

Will they work on his 05 VRSC-B?

If not, does he have other options? Most interested in options which will not require wire extensions or complete cable and line changes.

Thanks in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated.

John

Old 11-15-2009, 09:52 AM
swoopjr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

B model has a different riser. he should be able to use just about any regular bar. The A model ones have the risers built in. they dont fit the B set up. Go to 1130cc.com all the vrod info is there.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:38 AM
wes mullen
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John,

I have exactly the same problem as your brother in law , only i ride a dyna. I wonder if those bars would fit my FXd. Might be an easy solution to risers, speedo, etc etc. .

Any insight appreciated
thanksWes

Originally Posted by jmpancoast
My brother-in-law is 50 years old, 5'8", and has some back issues. Last year he purchased a 2005 VRSC-B and experiences some discomfort because of the reach to the bars. He would like to sit more upright.

I found a set of reduced reach bars offered by Harley. The part # is 56533-02. Here is a item description for Surdyke:

V-ROD REDUCED REACH HANDLEBARS
This 2" pull-back handlebar positions the rider in an upright seating posture for long-ride comfort. When combined with the Forward Position Seat P/N 52024-01 and the Reduced Reach Foot Control Kit P/N 50270-02, the V-Rod can be tailored to fit the shorter rider’s physical size. Kit includes one-piece handlebar and stainless steel brake line assembly. Fits ’02-later VRSCA models.

Neither one of us is familiar with the differences in the V-Rod models. It says above these bars will fit the 02 and later VRSCA models.

Will they work on his 05 VRSC-B?

If not, does he have other options? Most interested in options which will not require wire extensions or complete cable and line changes.

Thanks in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated.

John