VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

How do you remove the seat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Lutty
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you remove the seat?

I have attempted to remove the seat so I can take it to get properly fitted and I have no trouble removing the lanyard but I cannot unhinge it. Any tips on how to get the seat off? Thanks!

Old 06-21-2006, 09:44 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How do you remove the seat?

Assuming it is like my A, I'm sure it is, you will need to remove the clip that is between the portion of the frame that holds the seat on. Open the seat all the way, and look at the hinge. In the center of the hinge should be a plastic clip about 1/4" in diameter and about 2 inches long. That clip has a opening in it. Push the clip, from the opening, away from the hinge. (either reaching between the seat and frame and pushing up, or from the opening and pushing down) When you remove the clip, slide the seat backwards, while open, about 1 inch and remove form the bike. Let me know if any of this doesn't make sense.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Lutty
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks EZ, mission accomplished. It was easy once I saw the plastic sleeve that held it secure. I actually sat on it without the seat and it was the right height for me to flat foot. I think I will have the guy take as much foam out as possible and it still be comfy. I have got to get the spring loaded control pegs out of the way, the are right where my feet need to be in order to back the bike up. Can those be replaced with pegs that will move up and out of the way like the passenger pegs? I would only put them up when I needed to back up. It stinks to have a 26" inseam.

I had the bike up to 50mph in 2nd gear tonight! I can't get over that.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:29 AM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got it taken care of. Thanks for letting me and the rest of the forum know.

I don't know about the pegs, that is probably the biggest reason I bought the A. I sat on a D at the stealer and the pegs hit me in the back of my leg when I tried to move it. I would guess that they can be replaced like any other set of pegs, with most any set of pegs, but I don't know for sure.

You may want to consider some gel padding in the seat. It would be thinner, and if it is placed correctly, it would be more comfortable than just a thin piece of foam.

I have had my bike to 55 in first, and 142 in fifth. [sm=gears.gif] Maybe not the best thing to do, but you should know that if you ever wanted to you could. Just because the Revolution can do it doesn't mean you have to, but doesn't mean that you never will. [sm=smiley4.gif] Take your time to adjust to the bike and get a good feel for it. Don't push yourself too far and enjoy the ride.