VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

V-Rod as a daily, weather permiting, driver.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 03:30 PM
John3200
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Rod as a daily, weather permiting, driver.

How do you V-Rod owners feel about having a V-Rod as a daily driver? I live about 30 miles out of town and drive to work everyday. I really really like the way the V-Rods look and having just taken a nice test ride the other day I'm convinced I want one. The issue is, damn they are a bit pricey so I have to have some justification for getting one that goes a little bit above my gutt feeling wants. It looks like 35 or 40mpg isn't out of the question. My whole drive, except for the last 1/2 mile is open highway. I mean, I WANT the V-Rod to ride, along with other friends that have Harleys and even out by myself but will it also work as a daily driver?

Thanks for the support.

John.

Old 05-16-2006, 04:13 PM
QT Hush
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: V-Rod as a daily, weather permiting, driver.

It most certainly will. I use my Electra Glide Classic for a daily driver with ease and V-Rods are more suited for that type of riding.

Old 05-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Thomas
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Bike. Not so good for the rider or long haul.
Check prices down here Florida .
Crystal River & Ocala Harley have them for 13995. + t.t.l.
Victory has some sweet looking bikes also....

Old 05-16-2006, 07:49 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Thomas

Good Bike. Not so good for the rider or long haul.
Tomas--I hope your not talking about the V Rod, but maybe the Street Rod, as I am sure the V Rod would be more comfortable for longer trips.

That is not so. Ride mine to work (11 miles one way) and longer distances (200 to 400 miles round trip) Feels great for either. Probably not the best for day after day 300+ miles, but a good bike for most trips. Would probably be better for short trips/daily driver than larger bikes, but my brother rides his Ultra Classic to work at the same place with about the same distance. Comfortable, smooth ride. If your not on pavement, make sure you slow down -like every bike- but I think the longer wheelbase tends to drift a little more on gravel. Should be a good ride. Let us know what you decide.

Old 05-16-2006, 08:37 PM
tmathers
Intermediate

I ride mine to work in Los Angeles, CA everyday - the round trip is about 65 miles. I have a 2006 Night Rod and it is ideal for commuting on the freeways. I split lanes and never stop, it saves me time every day. The handle bars are low enough so that I have never clipped a sideview mirror and can easily squeeze between the cars. I LOVE IT!

I'll bet you will love yours too.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:12 PM
diggerv
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

After changing my seat to a Sundowner, I ride every chance I get, including to work. You can make it so you can use the bike on long trips as well. The only down fall is the small gas tank, however there are several people working on producing larger gas tanks.

Old 05-19-2006, 02:31 AM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Sundowner, IMO, is a long trip only seat. I own one and the stock, and go throught the trouble of changing it back to stock when I'm not going over 200 miles in one shot.

Old 05-19-2006, 10:53 AM
VROCK SE
Cruiser

The VROD is a nice Sporty Super FAST Bike. And is good riding up to 50-60 MPH. But anything above that The wind is Wicked! I have rode mine on several 200+ mile trips. Handles very good in the Twisties also. If you do very much HWY riding on one , You will want a windshield. They make some nice Quick -Detach models that come off in seconds and leave no Hardware attached. Which is what I will get for mine. Anything And I mean anything you want to know about a VROD, Go to and join VRODFORUMS.com . It has a wealth of Info on that Bike. I am a member there also.
I have The 05 VRSCSE Two tone Red. I can Hit 60MPH in First gear,90MPH in Second, And 115 in Third! Without hitting the REV Limiter. And the Bike is Registered for 150MPH. There is no Doubt in my mind that it will do it Either. But I will need a Windshield To check out the Top of Fourth And Fifth Gear
They are a great Bike for what they are. But They are not a Touring bike IMHO. But there are members over there that tour with the best of them. With Shock/Seat upgrades.

Old 05-19-2006, 08:15 PM
diggerv
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

please don't be offended... the Sundowner is a great all around seat, short or long trips, and looks great.

Windshields and floorboards are for cars,[sm=smiley36.gif], just joking... there is nothing more fun than 140mph with your face in the wind... it rocks.