RICOR INTIMINATORS First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Hal64hd
Road Master

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RICOR INTIMINATORS First Impressions

After picking up my bike, and having the Ricor intiminators installed on my
06A. The ride on the way home (about 17 miles) was amazing. The one word to describe my first impression is "WOW"
I didn't realize how smooth the front suspension could be. All the road front feedback ( I use to feel every bumb and imperfection in the road through the handle bars) is gone. Another thing that I noticed was that my bike didn't "bottom out" when I went over speed bumps that previously I would bottom out on.
The difference is night and day.
I will have a full report on results after my 600 mile trip this weekend.

I want to give a shout out to Brian and the crew over @ Ricor for all their help
and producing a product that works.

http://store.ricorshocks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=27

Last edited by Hal64hd; 03-13-2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: insert hyperlink
Old 03-13-2009, 11:46 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are looking at adjustable air suspension in the rear. These sound like just the ticket up front.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:48 AM
Jetgod
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DesertSpeed
We are looking at adjustable air suspension in the rear. These sound like just the ticket up front.
Cody, I had lots of problems with the air ride I had. Ate up two tires and I will never run it on a V again!

Old 03-14-2009, 10:43 AM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ryan, Did you have the Arnotts? We need something since half our mileage is riding double. I'd really like to get some of the D's ground clearance back when Joyce is on the back.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Jetgod
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DesertSpeed
Ryan, Did you have the Arnotts? We need something since half our mileage is riding double. I'd really like to get some of the D's ground clearance back when Joyce is on the back.
No I didn't have Arnotts. I would just get some Heavy duty 13" Progressives and be done with it!

Old 03-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Hal@Ricor
Cruiser
Default Where is the ride report ?

Originally Posted by Hal64hd
After picking up my bike, and having the Ricor intiminators installed on my
06A. The ride on the way home (about 17 miles) was amazing. The one word to describe my first impression is "WOW"
I didn't realize how smooth the front suspension could be. All the road front feedback ( I use to feel every bumb and imperfection in the road through the handle bars) is gone. Another thing that I noticed was that my bike didn't "bottom out" when I went over speed bumps that previously I would bottom out on.
The difference is night and day.
I will have a full report on results after my 600 mile trip this weekend.

I want to give a shout out to Brian and the crew over @ Ricor for all their help
and producing a product that works.

http://store.ricorshocks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=27
Ok Hal... are you back yet?

Old 03-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Hal64hd
Road Master

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Thumbs up

OK ,Got back last night, The last part of my ride was the most miserable, I was stuck in traffic for two hours trying to get across the Hover Dam. As Far as The INTIMINATORS two thumbs up!!. My bike handled better than it ever had before, it had more of a positive feel and reaction to my inputs.
While traveling on I-40 @ 80 MPH. I was amazed how the bike just cruised over the patched jobs on the highway I used to feel it through the handlebars and get pitched all over the road on some of them. Now, I hardly felt anything and was able to maintain my position in the lane and just glided over them. I was also on Route 66 east of Seligman AZ heading west. I took a couple of miles of the twisties for me to get used to the why the front end acted. I was too used to the way the bike would handle before the INTIMINATORS and had to learn all over again. After getting the feel it was also very impressive, the bikes reaction to my inputs were very precise and smooth
The front end dive was minimal which also attributed to my having to relearn my riding style. With less of a "dive" the weight transfer also shifted along with the ground clearance (with was improved) After getting my restyled habits down. It was pure pleasure.

"My bike was taking me for a ride instead of Me taking my bike for a ride"

I am so impressed I am going to get another set for my wifes XL883L

Last edited by Hal64hd; 08-17-2009 at 12:54 PM.