VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

V-Rod Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 09:04 AM
Jetgod
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 Muscle
The Muscle is so ugly and selling so poorly that the 2011's (3rd yr) are now on the HD website.
LOL all the 2011 are on the website! Dealer here still has 09s they will sell you. Or you could save a couple grand and go buy a m109. Just as ugly as the F!

Old 08-07-2010, 05:45 PM
NCF-150
Stage II

I just bought a 2010 Denim Black muscle. It rides good and comfortable to me. First ride was 430 miles last weekend for March of Dimes.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 PM
WJKramer
Advanced

Just brought home my 2011 White Hot Denim Muscle. Gotta love the HD "Ride Free" Program. Bought my Nightster for 8,900 and they gave me 10,400 to trade it back in! The Muscle was 6,500 out the door!

Old 08-16-2010, 08:09 AM
zrx4me
Cruiser

sold my '09 fatbob last year to help with some bills when the wife was out of work.Things are great now and I plan on getting a new Fatbob in a month or two.I have been also thinking about a V-rod muscle but have a few questions:
1)How do passengers feel about comfort?,Does the backrest help?
2)what are the valve adjust intervals?
3)Do the pipes get in the way of your feet at a stoplight?
4) ON twisty roads at a decent pace do the foward pegs scrape often?
thanks

Old 08-16-2010, 07:00 PM
cig
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1)How do passengers feel about comfort?,Does the backrest help?- Wife said it wasn't bad, but she wouldn't want to go on a trip on it. (she rides a bagger) Backrest is a must for a pass. I would be afraid of throwing them off.
2)what are the valve adjust intervals? - book says 15000. Every one I talked to including head mech at the dealer I go to says 20-25000
3)Do the pipes get in the way of your feet at a stoplight?- No
4) ON twisty roads at a decent pace do the foward pegs scrape often? -I was following a bagger and a fxdwg in some twisties. They were scrapeing hard and I never touched once.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:56 PM
zrx4me
Cruiser

thanks

Old 08-24-2010, 09:09 AM
brazeagle
Advanced

Here go my comments after 200 miles on a VRSC-F Muscle.
Great looking bike, not that I want to show off, BUT it is inevitable not to! Almost every one will stop to look at the bike and ask WHAT IT IS! Difficult to tell it is a Harley, plus the ones who knows it, first thing it is commented: PORSCHE CO-DEVELOPED ENGINE, LIQUID COOLED, and PORSCHE DESIGN.
Rode in the city (NYC) and took for a 130 miles Highway ride with my wife on the back.
Great handling, very fast, extremely comfortable for me due to the seating position (lower back support); however YOU MUST have a backrest to ride two-up, since the rear seating position is wide and short, but no problems after backrest installation.
Very comfortable at speed of 70 to 80 miles, anything above will help if you install a quick-release sport windshield. Front controls are great and the position of the rider is just amazing and unique, BUT in my opinion you got to be at least 5'9 to be very comfortable while riding above 100 miles, otherwise your arms will be stretched out and tired.

I think the bike is really hot and really fast, the engine is amazing, lots of power.
I am 42 yrs old and I have ridden all types of motorcycles through my life, in fact I was a pro racer in Brazil with a RD 350 / 2 strokes Yamaha for almost 8 years in the past, so I still have a love for speed, while responsible and safe.

The Muscle is the way to go if you are looking for a beautiful ride and you are not concerned about the resale price.
Ride Safe,
LCL

Old 08-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

I think the Muscle is a beautiful and fascinating bike. I love my Fat Bob, but I bet I'd love a Muscle too.

My gal says she loves "muscle cars." I said "what do you think of this Muscle" and showed her a picture on the HD website. She digs it.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Acram
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink 2010 VROD Muscle...

Awesome bike... I Own it since late September 2010. It has over 9000 km already...I guess it says it all. I can't wait for my next ride... If you are old fashion...open your mind...try this bike and you will change your mind for sure... It is a very balnced ride... You feel safe and grip in every turn...it comes in and out of turns easy... Comfortable and offers 3 different leg positions ... And the power... That is a whole new story...
With the TAB performance exaust it sounds impressive...
Brakes as fast as it accelerates ... The best ride ever...
Gotta try...I mean it...

The following users liked this post:
Cano (05-03-2020)
Old 03-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Slim_B_Kool
Cruiser

I think the Muscle is a nice ride. I have looked at several in the past and probably would have bought one. But I really wasn't into all that chrome. Besides my dealer made me a better deal on a 11 DX.

Quick Reply: V-Rod Muscle