VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

V-Rod Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Jetgod
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imjdoggie
I totally disagree, different strokes for different folks. I love the new muscle the chopped fender, the huge rear tire, bigger fuel tank, side mount license plate. They have made alot of inprovements and I absolutely love the bike. Some people just wouldn't know style if it bit them right in the rear, jetgod.
Maybe not but I sure as f$#@ know what ugly is!!! I have the "chopped fender, the huge rear tire, bigger fuel tank, side mount license plate." and I don't have to close my eyes when going for a ride to keep from throwing up!!!

Attached Thumbnails V-Rod Muscle-dsc01024.jpg  

Last edited by Jetgod; 01-18-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Jetgod
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DesertSpeed
Wazzup Ryan? Have you taken that B up "The Trail"? Welcome to the airhead forums!

just part of it!!

Old 01-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Biped
Advanced

I'm a BMW driver who is pondering Harleys. The one that attracts me the most is the V-Rod. I popped into the dealer the other day and looked at a silver V-Rod Muscle. I thought it was great looking -- a stunning design. I also thought, "This could work -- ABS, belt drive, great gauges, great engine, great accessories, great quality." Then the bubble burst -- I sat on it, and the forward pegs made for a very uncomfortable posture for me (I'm fairly tall). It looked like mid controls would be very difficult on this bike because the location of the exhaust pipes on both sides. I commented on this in another thread earlier. With the low seat, I'm not sure if it's possible to have mid controls that would be comfortable to a tall person.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Dannl
Cruiser

I have owned many Harleys and have ridden Ultra Classics for the past 10 years or so. I have been impressed with the v rods since they came out, but really did not not like the looks of them untill I saw the Muscle. Wow!! Harley has finally made the v rod look as hot as they really are. I am looking forward to owning one as a second bike

Old 01-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Biped
Advanced

I went on Harley's website the other day and found color-coordinated and nicely designed hard bags for the V-Rod. The bike is so close...

Old 01-24-2009, 08:11 PM
wood butcher
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jetgod
Maybe not but I sure as f$#@ know what ugly is!!! I have the "chopped fender, the huge rear tire, bigger fuel tank, side mount license plate." and I don't have to close my eyes when going for a ride to keep from throwing up!!!
I think your just jealous the MoCo did a nicer styling job than you did. From my perspective the muscle looks outstanding without anything but small changes to personalize it. I know there will be one in my garage eventually.

Last edited by wood butcher; 01-24-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:01 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son is 20 and can't wait until he can afford an F.
I guess the F does what it's supposed to do.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:21 AM
Hal64hd
Road Master

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Biped
I went on Harley's website the other day and found color-coordinated and nicely designed hard bags for the V-Rod. The bike is so close...

Those are not for the F model they are for 02-06 with the 180 rear tire

Old 01-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Biped
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hal64hd
Those are not for the F model they are for 02-06 with the 180 rear tire
Hmmm... I guess I'm just trying to make the Muscle into something it's not -- a sports tourer. HD really needs to be working on one using the V-Rod as a basis.

BMW has taken enough hits to its reputation for reliability in the last few years (justly or unjustly I leave for others to decide) that an attractive alternative would get a serious look.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Biped
Hmmm... I guess I'm just trying to make the Muscle into something it's not -- a sports tourer. HD really needs to be working on one using the V-Rod as a basis.

BMW has taken enough hits to its reputation for reliability in the last few years (justly or unjustly I leave for others to decide) that an attractive alternative would get a serious look.
It seems like with that F exhaust, you could fit some pretty massive bags on there... I heard rumors the F was originally going in that direction.

Quick Reply: V-Rod Muscle