VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

V-Rod Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:01 PM
legendelectric
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought mine

Just bought a 2010 with 5K miles on it yesterday. Love it so far. I've been riding GSX's for the last 10 years and have been waiting for harley to come out with something that would finally compel me in my 30's to swap over. No I didn't get rid of the GSXR but definitely will be putting the miles on the Muscle this year. I'm 6'1" and the position feels great to me. I'm not sure why others complain about it. I'm still getting used to the footpeg position but I understand they make a relocation kit for the pegs and handlebar already. This bike would bury my GSXR 750 on the bottom end but lose on top end but who cares about top end on a harley ? Looking forward to many miles.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:33 PM
v-rodder
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Really don't understand the muscle at all. Just another stripped down power cruiser like ALL the other Vrods ever made. Also why the handlebar setup that locks you into one configuration?? When most of the cruiser market is going touring, HD still leaves this great motor on the side lines.

Jim

Old 03-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Malcomx
Advanced

Originally Posted by v-rodder
Really don't understand the muscle at all. Just another stripped down power cruiser like ALL the other Vrods ever made. Also why the handlebar setup that locks you into one configuration?? When most of the cruiser market is going touring, HD still leaves this great motor on the side lines.

Jim
The Muscle was obviously designed to be a bagger, and was changed prior to release. My guess is that Harley decided that it didn't fit in the product line, and would hurt sales of other models.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "stripped down power cruiser", what's missing?

Old 03-29-2011, 07:52 AM
thatguy021
Cruiser

I love it... ive ridden the A-model and the Muscle, and yes. its. fast.
anything that goes 90mph in 2nd gear is a beast to me. i thought it was gonna throw me off the back of it. deffinetly my dream bike

Old 04-01-2011, 02:12 AM
steev
Stage I

i just bought one of these today as my first harley, and i gotta say im in love with the bike. as a younger guy i enjoy the shape and style of the bike and cant wait to take her out when i pick it up next week.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Jimsteel
Novice

I bought a 2011 muscle a couple weeks ago! Sadly it won't be here until June!

Old 04-11-2011, 07:14 AM
avman
1st Gear

2011 VRSC-F drove it back from Vegas, 1st bike I have owned, chrome yellow/ABS I've gone 7,500 miles on it already-when I saw it in the service dept. it had just come off the truck-the hairs on my arm stood on end and I knew it had to be mine.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Draketungstin
6th Gear
Default VRSCF motor sputtering

All,
I currently have an 09 Black VRSCF. It has the Dual Vance and Hines exhaust and the Power Commander V. It was running fine for about a day or so but now the motor is sputtering really bad. When taking off from a light it sputters like its not getting enough fuel. Then it will finally catch up and excelarate. Then, for whatever reason, I'll be traveling at speed, 50/60/70 mph, and it will all of a sudden start sputtering again. Then after about 10 mins on the bike at a constant speed. If I stop at a light or stop sign. The bike won't throttle back. It stays reving at 2K rpms. Anyone experiencing anything like that or have any ideas as to the issues??? Thanks!

Old 04-14-2011, 05:59 PM
cig
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Try un-hooking the PC and hook your ecm and sensors back up. If it runs fine then your PC is bad.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Draketungstin
6th Gear
Default PC

Cig,
Thanks for the advice. The problem was actually happening before I installed the PC. Then I installed the PC and it ran well for about a week but then it started acting up again. I reloaded the PC with a new map last night and the bike seems to be running good again. I'm not sure if the PC lost it's map?? Either way I will have to keep my eyes and ears open to see if it starts acting up again. My real concern is that it might be an ECM issue.

Quick Reply: V-Rod Muscle