VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Tab exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 10:11 AM
McC.Tan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tab exhaust

Installed their(tab) fuel tuner, slip-ons, and new air filter yesterday.
Im not sure what you have to do to install a fuelpak, sert, or the pcIII but this fuel tuner thing was a pain in the ***.
I must say it does sound alot better though. The bike seem's to be hesitating when it's in lower rpm's, and my gas mileage has gone to $hit. Any idea's?? Any advice is welcome since im heading out for a ride and noone seem's to want the answer the phone at tab.
Take it easy, Tan

Old 08-04-2008, 09:26 AM
BAMORY
Novice
Default RE: Tab exhaust

I have been researching Tabs a bit for my NRS, did you get the baffles, or non baffled. Several different maps in the fuel tuner, my understanding is that each map is for a different pipe, unbaffled pipes are very hard to tune because of the climate changes. Are you getting alot of backfiring etc.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:42 AM
McC.Tan
Intermediate

Their non-baffled. Im thinking I took the wrong road and should have got the baffled. I'm not&nbsp\\;getting any backfire but im noticing a definate decrease in gas mileage and it seem's to hesitate when it's in mid rpm range. I'll have to call them today it has a number of maps in it but I know it's on the right one for the bike.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:44 AM
BAMORY
Novice

non baffled sound is great but so hard to tune. You may need to get more back pressure in there. Im still tinkerin with my stock pipes, to see if i can get good sound, no baffle now in them sounds awesome. Im building a new pipe this week to get more back pressure in there

Old 08-04-2008, 12:57 PM
McC.Tan
Intermediate

yeah im finding this out the hard way. If losing power and losing gas mileage is what these thing's get me then im about to put the stock one's back on. Think there would be any significant power increase if i put the bigger throttle body, bigger injectors, and got it tuned by hd(using the stock exhaust)?

Old 08-04-2008, 02:29 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mid-range power loss is because of an incorrect tune-as it relates directly to your bike. Not every bike is exactly the same, what works for one should be close for another but not dead-on, and the difference seems to be in the mid-range for you. You're losing fuel economy because you have to dump in a lot of fuel to make the bike run right with such free flowing pipes.

Costs money to sound cool. [\\]

Old 08-04-2008, 03:01 PM
McC.Tan
Intermediate

Eazy hit the nail on the head. I just talked to Todd at Tab performance(great guy seems to be a great business). He told me how to correct it and get it to run less rich. Im pretty pumped about trying it(too bad im at work right now) i'll let everybody know how it goes tonight or tomm.
&nbsp\\;
Im getting more parts in today, i'll try to post pic's soon. have a good one fellas, Tan

Old 08-04-2008, 10:42 PM
BAMORY
Novice

Let us know what the end result is, im looking at same setup

Old 08-05-2008, 07:48 AM
McC.Tan
Intermediate

i took it out last night and did exactly what tod from tab performance said to do to it. im tempted to say it run's better now than when it came from hd.... went and bought the all black reactor rear sprocket last night should be in and on friday. i'll post pic's soon. we have a little hurricane coming through today so i'll be working on the bike alot. hahahaha. take it easy, tan

Old 08-12-2008, 09:29 AM
TxVrod
2nd Gear
Exclamation Watch out for the tuner...

I bought their turner, pipes and filter set for my Vrod... after 3 bad tuners I purchased a PC 3 USB and now I can control all the needs of my bike.

Also watch out if the tuner does a fuel dump, all the extra gas goes into the oil... and that will kill your bike quickly...

Quick Reply: Tab exhaust