VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

NRS exhaust tweak

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 AM
BAMORY
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NRS exhaust tweak

Ok, tweak really wouldn't be the word for this. I completely gutted my stock exhaust yesterday. I have been planning on getting a set of pipes for my NRS, but cannot decide on what I want. I love the look of the stock pipes as it goes with the scheme of the bike well. I took the end caps off the pipes, drilled holes completely around the center pipe and then knocked the center metal off, complete baffle slid out of the pipe all 2 ft of it. I was a little leary about how much the fuel injection could handle in the way of changes, so I fired the baby up. I just about popped a chubb, deep isn't even the word to describe, not clanky or tin can sound. So I took it for a ride. WOW

I then did the top pipe, combined they remind me of the ground pounder exhaust it is so deep that it vibrates your stomach standing 10 ft away. I took her out for about a 25 mile ride, no change in performance thus far. Now this isn't the way I am going to leave it, but now I have some idea what I need to do to the stock exhaust to get it to sound awesome. I will be picking up an extra set of stock pipes, and contacting www.bigcitythunder.com and modding that way. I had a 2004 Vulcan 2000cc prior to this and I ran a straight pipe inside a set of hard kromes, this thing beats that hands down.