VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

How quick is your VRod?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008 | 07:57 AM
Keener
|
Tourer
Default How quick is your VRod?

I ask this sincerly as I am a fellow HD rider, and have an Ultra.&nbsp\\; I am sniffing around at getting a hotrod bike as well.&nbsp\\; Do the V Rods smoke stock Dynas?&nbsp\\; I am assuming they would becaus eof the different engine technolgy and the recent engineering.
&nbsp\\;
This is&nbsp\\; not some troll, or an attempt to begin an argument.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I am just wondering, stock vs stock, is the VRods quickness impressive?

Old 07-06-2008 | 08:25 AM
bfreesun
Road Warrior
Default RE: How quick is your VRod?

It's impressive.
And smooth.

I rented one when they first came out as I had one on order. There were some problems like range and the seating position and flop on slow turns which convinced me that a Fatboy was more suitable. I'm told a lot of these issues have been resolved and the current Nightrod is high on my wish list.

The engine is the sweetest motorcycle engine I've come across, partially designed by Porsche.

Old 07-06-2008 | 01:02 PM
Diamond Lil
Advanced

Not that you cannot get good information from folks here, because you can, but it might be interesting to you to browse the V-Rod Racing forum over at 1130cc.com.

Old 07-06-2008 | 06:44 PM
sfarson
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Keener

I ask this sincerly as I am a fellow HD rider, and have an Ultra.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I am sniffing around at getting a hotrod bike as well.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Do the V Rods smoke stock Dynas?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I am assuming they would becaus eof the different engine technolgy and the recent engineering.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
This is&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; not some troll, or an attempt to begin an argument.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
Yes it is.&nbsp\\; One of the fastest, lightest, best braking power cruisers.
&nbsp\\;
Versus the Dynas, according to Motorcycle Consumer News (Rounded Specs)
&nbsp\\;
1/4 Mile
V-Rod: 11 sec.
Various Dynas: 13 sec
&nbsp\\;
Top Speed
V-Rod: 135
Various Dynas: 115
&nbsp\\;
Braking (Feet)
V-Rod: 110
Various Dynas: 120
&nbsp\\;
Wet Weight (lbs)
V-Rod: 620
Various Dynas: 660
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-06-2008 | 09:05 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended

I can't speak for the other. No, for the first two months the V-rods quickness didn't impress me. It scared the hell out of me. Mostly second gear. First was easy to get used to. Second is freaky! There was also the time period waiting for the passenger pillion and sissybar. My wife really wanted to ride on the bike even though she knew she hated the stock seat. I had the extra burden of trying to figure out how to keep her on! Fortunately she has been sitting behind me for a looong time and knows how to hang on.
As for smoking a stock Dyna, it's done without a second thought. It doesn't matter if it's on the straight or in the twisties. Keep in mind, I have a passenger with me a lot. A lot of other v-twin owners can't believe they got passed by a Harley with a passenger on it. Some four-bangers have a problem understanding what just happened.

Old 07-07-2008 | 01:15 PM
Billydj
Cruiser

Quite simply...ditto.&nbsp\\; The Dyna is simply no match.

Old 07-07-2008 | 07:46 PM
w103tws
Novice

From a hole shot, I kicked the snot out of an R1 for about 5 telephone pole lengths. If I shift into 2nd gear just right, I can bring the front tire up just a little. It is for sale, I'm looking for a bagger to satisfy the wife

Old 07-07-2008 | 09:48 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended

While in first, put a little up pressure on the shifter, hold full throttle. When the rev limiter hits you'll shift in to second. You better be hanging on and leaning forward. The front end will come&nbsp\\;WAAAAAAAYYYY up. &nbsp\\;I don't recommend trying this with a passenger. Actually, I don't recommend it at all. The V-rod is still a 625+ pound bike and still pulls hard in second. (But it sure freaks the sport bikers!)

Old 07-12-2008 | 09:20 PM
SilverV
Cruiser

For a cruiser, it's pretty strong.&nbsp\\; Compared to most sport and sport-touring rigs, it's not.&nbsp\\; I moved to the V-rod from a BMW K1200RS.&nbsp\\; The beemer was considerably faster and more nimble than my V-rod, but the rod is much more comfortable for me....a better fit for my riding style.&nbsp\\; A stock V-rod is much faster than any HD air-head that I've ridden though.&nbsp\\; Very docile under normal conditions but it has the ability throw you back hard in the seat as the rpm's climb under WOT.

Old 07-12-2008 | 09:26 PM
Donwe
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Keener

I ask this sincerly as I am a fellow HD rider, and have an Ultra.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I am sniffing around at getting a hotrod bike as well.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Do the V Rods smoke stock Dynas?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I am assuming they would becaus eof the different engine technolgy and the recent engineering.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
This is&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; not some troll, or an attempt to begin an argument.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
What's a Dyna? I don't think I've ever seen one, but granted, I do need to get some better mirrors

Quick Reply: How quick is your VRod?