VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

yamahahahaha tries to "out-vrod" the vrod

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 09:15 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: yamahahahaha tries to "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;out-vrod"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; the vrod

I wished I could have afforded a V-max when the first came out. At the time I had just been promoted to E-5, first baby due in three months, assigned to an RDF unit and we only had one vehicle. I bought a Yamaha SR500 instead. (I still have the SR and it still runs. My son, child #2 now 19, rides it) I know a few Vmax owners that have superchargers with NOS. The shaft don't hurt them none. I'd be afraid of that set-up breaking a chain. They also have a lot more after-market options than us lowly V-rodders.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:51 PM
RjCapp
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: yamahahahaha tries to "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\;out-vrod"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\; the vrod

Go To The 360 View and look at&nbsp\\;the bike&nbsp\\;Directly&nbsp\\;from the back.
&nbsp\\;
THATS ALL YOU ARE GOING TO SEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!VVVVVVVVVVV!!!!!!!!!!!!
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

[IMG]local://upfiles/18381/9EF26FBBE6E94B02A235FA33C017E19D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-16-2008, 02:24 AM
bogman
Cruiser
Default RE: yamahahahaha tries to "\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;out-vrod"\\

If there is any bike that is close to the VROD its this one,the 2008 Midnight Warrior
First time I saw one I thought it was a modified VRSCDX

Old 06-18-2008, 05:09 PM
ebrown0104
Advanced
Default RE: yamahahahaha tries to "\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

^ the black/red paint scheme on the Warrior actually came out on the Warrior before the V-Rod, so who's copying who.&nbsp\\; And the V-Max is the original hooligan bike, the V-Rod is the better-looking one, but the Yammie still rules in a straight line.&nbsp\\; And it looks like nothing is changing.&nbsp\\; New one is ugly, and fast.&nbsp\\; And it probably handles a little better without those bias-ply tires, too

Old 06-19-2008, 10:11 PM
coachwes
Novice
Default RE: yamahahahaha tries to "out-vrod" the vrod

The vrod is not a clone of the&nbsp\\;old vmax . The frame of the&nbsp\\;vrod is nothing like the vmax . They are not the only one to use a under set tank eather . I think the front end of the new vmax&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; does look like the vrod though in a yamaha way lol . Iam glad to see power cruisers on the rise in all the makers, this will bring out stronger bikes in all makes a win win for all . got to say 200 hp is a big leap&nbsp\\;forward and wont be easy to beat&nbsp\\;. lets see whos next to up the anny lol. &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 06-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Nikker1985
Advanced
Default RE: yamahahahaha tries to "\\;out-vrod"\\; the vrod

Riding a V Rod, you will never feel that you need more gas.Accelaration is always there when you twist the throttle.

200hp sounds good but still it had 1000cc more than the V Rod yet the V Rod is the Ultimate Dragster Weapon.
If you need your V Rod to be more competitive.
Just let Wiseco f' with it a little bit and smoke EVERY THING from stop light to stop light.
The bike can easilly produce 200hp on the rear tyre.

Messing with the engine sounds like a big deal right?Then let Vance and Hines supercharge it.150hp to 180hp for a daily commuter.

Anyways there is no need to worry about power and Japanese.The Japs will only have one way to produce power.That is by setting the redline high.
Most people would think why should I buy a V Rod with 125hp @ 1130cc and not 130hp @ 600cc?

Well...cause the V Rod is 125hp @ 7000 rpm and SS 600s are 130hp @ 14.500 rpm.
This is why the land speed record smaller than 1000cc is held by an American V Twin Indian (The worlds fastes Indian, a 1920 bike no Jap Colloseus can **** with even 80 years later).
This is why the V Rod is the fastest bike on the Quartermile right now and the...

This is why a small manufacturer named Ducati dares to F' with 4 Gigantic Companies on MotoGP. 2 Ducatis, one of them manages to slap dick all over 20 Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki 's.

For me, Japs dont got it.
I dont feel threatened by the V Max and the only reason I would buy one, would be so I can make it look even uglier.Just for fun.You want 200hp?Then go for the Suzuki B King.You cant handle it but it doesn t matter.
Yamaha sucks.I can write a hole book on why Yamaha sucks and people should buy anything but a Yamaha, even a Korean . Please dont call it a clone of the V Rod. Maybe the grotesque aftermath of an experiment turned into accident while trying to clone the V Rod.Thats what happens when you let 300 japs bukkake the **** out of a Yamaha Virago near a nuclear plant.[:'(]

Old 06-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Sumo
Intermediate
Default RE: yamahahahaha tries to "\\\\\\;out-vrod"\\\\\\; the vrod

The worlds fastest indian was completely modified by a New Zealander, it wouldn't take long for the americans to claim the achievement as one of their own. I doubt anyone can beat the enginuity of the kiwi, but they still hold the land speed record for a 1920 indian.

I'll give credit where credit is due, and the japs are constantly pushing the boundries, with designs and HP. Sure you can supercharge your bike and put pistons through it, but where do you stop wasting money to compete with the japs? if no one was worried by the japs how come everyone is trying to meet the benchmark set by them?

I just want to buy a bike that is reliable and comfortable.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Nikker1985
Advanced
Default RE: yamahahahaha tries to "\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;out-vrod"\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; the vrod

Noone feels the need to compete with the Japs.The Italians saw no potential in the in line 4 and turns out, they were right.

Superbike World Challenge

Year Champion Motorcycle 1990  Raymond Roche Ducati 851 1991  Doug Polen Ducati 888 1992  Doug Polen Ducati 888 1994  Carl Fogarty Ducati 916 1995  Carl Fogarty Ducati 916 1996  Troy Corser Ducati 916 1998  Carl Fogarty Ducati 916 1999  Carl Fogarty Ducati 996 2001  Troy Bayliss Ducati 996R 2003  Neil Hodgson Ducati 999F03 2004  James Toseland Ducati 999F04 2006  Troy Bayliss Ducati 999F06

British Superbikes

British Superbike Championship The British Superbike Championship has been won by Ducati riders on seven occasions: Year Champion 1995 Steve Hislop 1999 Troy Bayliss 2000 Neil Hodgson 2001 John Reynolds 2002 Steve Hislop 2003 Shane Byrne 2005 Gregorio Lavilla
Even in line 4 engines though, they still cant compete against the MV Agustas. Besides no Jap bike is stronger than its Triumph equivalent.Small, Big Supersports...
MX Enduro SM bikes?Husky, KTM, BMW, Husaberg, Gas Gas!?!?!?
When it comes to big V Engines and torgue...We are talking about American Built Displacement V Twins. S&amp\\;S, Revtech, Harley...they all know what they are doing and they are doing it good.

Nobody is worried about the japs.Its just that people are racist and for some reason everybody thinks that all technologys and advancments are japanese.Yeap...cause they got all kinds of weird gadgets (USB Dog poo wtf???).
Everything that has been done, Americans and Europeans did it first.First bike, first V Twin, first V10 on a bike, ABS, ESP, Disc Brakes, AirBags, Transmisions...

All the Japs ever did was built shitty light frames, engines that rev up to 16000rpm (go find out how reliable is that) and turbocharge small engines so they act as if they have greater displacement.But nope...Japs lose.
How many formulas have they won?How many supercars do they make?How many advancements have did they discover?How many Le Mans races have they won (once)?

You wanna talk about benchmarks?
In 1960 Americans build the Ford GT40.Today the Ford G40 pretty much still has the same engine and is one of the most powerfull cars in the world.
How many cars do the japs create that exceed 350hp?None.A little inside info.The Toyota Formyla Engine is being produced in collaboration with Mercedes.
Ford has won the last 9 World Rally Championships yet people still talk about the Impreza and the Mitsubishi Evo, you know why?Cause thats all the Japs got right now?What?The Supra and the Skyline? They are great cars to drive...on Need For Speed Underground 2 !!!
Corvete Z06 fights Porsche Turbos and Enzos on track.The money you Americans pay for a corvette, in Greece I pay for a 2 liter Honda Car!!!You have to be crazy to live in the States and buy a Jap car.
The Viper Hennesey can run faster than a Buggati Veyron!!! Check it out -&gt\\; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M47fNO8-HmU.
How is that for a benchmark?
Well...I could pretty much write a book about it but I ll leave it to this.

Now the part where you talk about japa designing, I am gonna do you a favour and not talk about it.

Have you actually seen the V Max?I bet when you push the brakes the rear led sign reads "Kick me"!!!

Old 06-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Malcomx
Advanced
Default RE: yamahahahaha tries to "\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;out-vrod"\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; the vrod

I'll bet it's fun to ride, but thats an ugly bike. Looks like something out of a cartoon.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-22-2008, 09:17 PM
hardly harhar
Intermediate
Default RE: yamahahahaha tries to "\\\\\\;out-vrod"\\\\\\; the vrod

ORIGINAL: Nikker1985

Riding a V Rod, you will never feel that you need more gas.Accelaration is always there when you twist the throttle.

200hp sounds good but still it had 1000cc more than the V Rod yet the V Rod is the Ultimate Dragster Weapon.
If you need your V Rod to be more competitive.
Just let Wiseco f' with it a little bit and smoke EVERY THING from stop light to stop light.
The bike can easilly produce 200hp on the rear tyre.

Messing with the engine sounds like a big deal right?Then let Vance and Hines supercharge it.150hp to 180hp for a daily commuter.

Anyways there is no need to worry about power and Japanese.The Japs will only have one way to produce power.That is by setting the redline high.
Most people would think why should I buy a V Rod with 125hp @ 1130cc and not 130hp @ 600cc?

Well...cause the V Rod is 125hp @ 7000 rpm and SS 600s are 130hp @ 14.500 rpm.
This is why the land speed record smaller than 1000cc is held by an American V Twin Indian (The worlds fastes Indian, a 1920 bike no Jap Colloseus can **** with even 80 years later).
This is why the V Rod is the fastest bike on the Quartermile right now and the...

This is why a small manufacturer named Ducati dares to F' with 4 Gigantic Companies on MotoGP. 2 Ducatis, one of them manages to slap dick all over 20 Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki 's.

For me, Japs dont got it.
I dont feel threatened by the V Max and the only reason I would buy one, would be so I can make it look even uglier.Just for fun.You want 200hp?Then go for the Suzuki B King.You cant handle it but it doesn t matter.
Yamaha sucks.I can write a hole book on why Yamaha sucks and people should buy anything but a Yamaha, even a Korean . Please dont call it a clone of the V Rod. Maybe the grotesque aftermath of an experiment turned into accident while trying to clone the V Rod.Thats what happens when you let 300 japs bukkake the **** out of a Yamaha Virago near a nuclear plant.[:'(]
So Harleys can go fast in a straight line? Big deal. Going fast in a straight line is training wheels compared to the motorcycle competition around the world and frankly, Harleys are already known for going fast in a straight line. It's the stopping and hanging the curves where the Harleys kind of come up woefully short in performance. Oh, do please let me know when Harley Davidson enters the Isle of Mann TT or starts to compete in world class superbike races. Indian (now long defunct) won the Isle of Mann early in the 20th century with their designs.&nbsp\\; Harley has still not won the Isle of Mann.&nbsp\\; Better yet, please let me know when Harley starts placing anywhere in the top five, at least once a year, for at least a year.&nbsp\\; Drag bike?&nbsp\\; Any moron can ride a drag bike, it's drop the throttle and hang on for a quarter of a mile.&nbsp\\; Try handling that kind of power for hours on end, leaning this way and that, decelerating and accelerating through curves.

Quick Reply: yamahahahaha tries to "out-vrod" the vrod