VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

V-Rod for Short Chic

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007 | 03:45 PM
Massrider
3rd Gear
Default RE: V-Rod for Short Chic

I'm 5'5" and I got the front reach controll kit <moves em back about 1-1.5inches> and this made a world of diff for me, cost a pretty penny about 300. If ya need more they sell a seat that will move ya forward some as well but I love the height on a nightrod SE, onl7 24 1/2 inches.
The pegs are:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

The seat is:

betweend the two you will get about 3" shorter reach to the foot controlls.

Old 01-18-2007 | 06:38 AM
pbears
Stage III

Hiya from UK. I'm a male, five six with around 30 inch inseam. I have a Night Rod - which has mid pegs as standard plus highway pegs. This is ideal. The Night Rod Special with forward pegs is simply too far to stretch. The standard bike lets you do both without modification. And I can flat foot! A great compromise. Downer is that pre-07 rods have a 14 litre tank which is only 100-125 mile range - so go for the 07 models if you can with the 18 litre tank. Good luck!

Old 02-04-2007 | 08:17 PM
sandysharley
Intermediate

My wife just got her 2004 V-rod a couple of months ago, she is 5'3" and she just loves her new bike, it was a demo with real low mileage. She put on the reduced reach handlebars and the reduced reach foot peg kit and she still has stock seat on it. She also added touring windshield, sissy bar and luggage rack and engine guard. It is light enough that it makes it easy for to handle and is a tremendous handling bike. I hate to say it, but it actually handles better than my Dyna Street Bob at 75 plus and around curvy roads. She road a Honda Shadow 600 before moving up to the V-rod and tryed out several other Harleys before buying. By the way, wife is !!! years old and a grandmother.

Old 02-23-2007 | 05:54 PM
SmileyGirl
Intermediate

Hi Harley Chic,
I'm only 5' and I have a 2006 NightRod. I bought it last Halloween and have only put a little more than 2200 miles on it this winter. The NightRod has mid-controls and I have no problems reaching anything except the highway pegs -gotta get some extensions for those. I was okay with the stock seat but I got a deal on a badlander, can't tell too much difference although the badlander is supposed to put you an inch closer to the ground. The stock seat was roomier and I found myself having to reposition myself often. I don't seem to move around as much on the badlander seat. I can't flat foot it on the NightRod, but I can't flat foot anything so that's nothing new. My seated position isleaning slightly forward, which works well for me. I've not been on any really long road trips since buying the NightRod, but have spent several 250 mile dayson the bike.
I've had Sportster's in the past, a 1990 883XL and a 2004 1200C, and although I loved my Sportsters the NightRod is really easier to ride. Hope this info helps

Old 02-23-2007 | 11:31 PM
eazy
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: SmileyGirl]I was okay with the stock seat but I got a deal on a badlander, can't tell too much difference although the badlander is supposed to put you an inch closer to the ground.
I have three different seats that I use often (for their purpose) The Badlander does sit lower. It has lesspadding.I bend my legs more with the Badlander than I do with the stocker, and withthe stocker slightly more than the Sundowner.

ORIGINAL: SmileyGirl
but have spent several 250 mile dayson the bike.
On the Badlander? If so, wow.

Old 02-27-2007 | 05:07 PM
SmileyGirl
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: eazy

On the Badlander? If so, wow.
Yes, on the badlander. My seat of choice on my previous bikes (both Sportsters) were corbin close solos so I'mquiteused to less padding. I ran corbins for almost five years and my longest day in the saddle was just over 620 miles. From my home in Garland, TX to the Super Eight in Raton, NM. It was the first leg of the trip to Stugis. What a great day

Old 02-27-2007 | 05:47 PM
harleygold
Tourer

My mom has a 2002 Vrod. She's 130 lbs and 5'3". The only thing that made it comfortable for her is adding the reduced reach pegs on the forward controls. I'm 5'1 and ride it also. Very comfortable bike and fun to ride.

Old 03-04-2007 | 11:11 AM
finsman13
Stage IV

I sent my shocks in and had them cut down and lowered the bike 1" and went to a sundowner seat and all is good.

Old 09-08-2012 | 05:08 AM
johnhush
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Massrider
I'm 5'5" and I got the front reach controll kit <moves em back about 1-1.5inches> and this made a world of diff for me, cost a pretty penny about 300. If ya need more they sell a seat that will move ya forward some as well but I love the height on a nightrod SE, onl7 24 1/2 inches.
The pegs are:

The seat is:

betweend the two you will get about 3" shorter reach to the foot controlls.
Can you please post some pics of ur VROD? Would be helpful