V Rods That Good

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 03:17 PM
bryon703
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: V Rods That Good

Thanks.

This W/Ij system is (yes that is the W/I tank out front)seperate from the Trask kit; If I were you, I would stay away from using a Power Commander on any H-D bike.
It seems like some amout have problems with it; I run the SERT on my V Rod have yet have to mess with it unlike other with the PC.

The turbo cartridge is the middle of the turbo; there are three sections of a turbo, exhaust housing/ bearing cartridge/ intake housing.
This bearing cartridge has two ports on eather side for plumbing water cooling lines.

The idle timebegins when I put the side stand down/ ear plugs/gloves/helmet/eye protection are all off with helmet is hanging from the right hand grip; than I turn the bike off. You will hear the turbo wheel spin down to a compleat stop after the bike is turned off, if you hear no spin down than it's not good.

Blueing on a turbo anything is not realy good, no blueing (on pipe) below my heat sheilds; Ithink the kitmight come with upper/lower H/S, but I make sure before hand.

Another note; if one is running lean, the exhaust turbo header will be white in color instead of nice silver color that it once was.

If this happens than one will be replacing a valve or valve's in most cases.
A good tune for the start and add a W/I kit to cool down the intake temps from the turbo boost.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Tbones
Intermediate

Thanks for the tips and info. I'm still debating on whether to spend $400+ for the Race Tuner. I've heard good and bad about the PC and Vance & Hines Fuel Pak yet, I have each and have zero problems with either It took a bit to get the map right on the PC for the V-Rod and the Fuel Pak map that V&H's gave me after I told them the bike was running flat, runs great. Guess I'm just lucky in the draw. If I do go with the SERT, the deciding factor will be the ability to change the rev limit. This will be the first turbo bike I've rode so I'm sure I'll be hitting some bumps in the road along the way but, if I blow something up that just gives me a excuse to finally tear into the Revolution motor One final question, on a google search I can't find too much out there for a W/I system (kit) for motorcycles. Did you purchase yours as a kit or put it together yourself? I really like the idea of running a W/I system, it just makes sense Kachingggggggg there goes another hundred dollars... That is what HD stands for, right? Thanks again for the help... Cya

Old 04-24-2008, 07:33 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all the above being said, the V-rod is like any other machine: It's only as good as the care and maintenance given too it.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:01 PM
bryon703
Cruiser

When I bought my SE I also bought a H-D extended warranty. I had the same dealer do the install of the Trask kit and they (that dealer only) will honor the extended warranty if anything major should happen; I had them check this motor for corect fuel psi/oil psi/compression test/ pulled the oil pan/ inspect the valves/pistions.This dealer is very much into the VRods and have been doing performanceon themwhen they first hit the streets.

The VRod is a Bad *** ride is all I can say; when I see one on the streets... when I am in mycagier I literally stop to look.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Diamond Lil
Advanced

V-Rods are so awful that we've owned an '03 VRSCA, an '04 VRSCB and now an '08 VRSCAW.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:47 PM
RacerXS
3rd Gear

I have owned 11 different bikes in the last 20 years, this is my first Harley though. The fit & finish on this bike is second to none as far as i'm concerned, it's more than fast enough, and looks wicked to boot.Can you ask for more than that?

Old 05-12-2008, 10:56 AM
krodwi
3rd Gear

It is a bullet proof bike. Very dependable. I could hop on mine right now and ride around the country and am confident I won't have any problems. Plus.........it scoots!

Old 05-12-2008, 11:06 AM
raebear
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: FastHoss

I don't own a V rod but have always liked their look.I never seem to read about problems with them,are they really that good?
In a word.... YES
15K miles last year, gas, oil change and uh tires