Jus curious......

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:19 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jus curious......

ORIGINAL: Herr Monk
It will do more than that unless something is wrong... at 103 you should only be in 3rd if you are pulling hard...
Monk, I WAS in third, with my wife on the back, climbing"the rim" on I-17 just north of Phoenix. Some jerk in a 'Stang ticked me off so I left his sorry *** before he could kill us. 103mp is the fastes m V-rod has ever been so I can't say for sure fow fast it WILL go. As for speedo, mine is dead on at 80, 90 and 100 according to a cop friends latest and greatest state of the art LIDAR system.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:55 AM
triple buzz
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Herr Monk

Are you aure about that?

Gainesville Raceway, site of many of drag racing's most historic moments, including the first 260-, 270-, and 300-mph Top Fuel runs, hosted another one this year when reigning NHRA POWERade world champion Andrew Hines became the first member of the Mickey Thompson Six-Second Club with a 6.991 aboard his Screamin' Eagle Harley-Davidson V-Rod. Hines accomplished the long-awaited feat during Friday's second qualifying session, drawing a standing ovation from the many fans who braved unseasonably cool temperatures in order to be a part of history.

Everything I can find says it was some manner of SE V-Rod... are the engine specs anywhere?

Not trying to provok you monk, just informing you. The motor is 160 cubic inches and has push rods. look at your picture , the V is over 60 degrees. These are one offs funded by Harley , not made by them . P.S> Did you get any answers over at 1130 cc yet ? I saw you looking ! And yes the Destroyer is the quickest production motorcycle. Not the fastest . That would be the MV agusta F41000 . They broke the agreement to keep production bikes under 187mph. Also heard the new Duc. Dicci goes 200 mph in stock form.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

I'm going to feel betrayed if it's not a revo offshoot

Old 02-29-2008, 10:19 AM
sfarson
Road Master

ORIGINAL: triple buzz

Not trying to provok you monk, just informing you. The motor is 160 cubic inches and has push rods. look at your picture , the V is over 60 degrees. These are one offs funded by Harley , not made by them . P.S> Did you get any answers over at 1130 cc yet ? I saw you looking ! And yes the Destroyer is the quickest production motorcycle. Not the fastest . That would be the MV agusta F41000 . They broke the agreement to keep production bikes under 187mph. Also heard the new Duc. Dicci goes 200 mph in stock form.
Just to fine tune, the fastest is the MV F4312R (The 312 representing 312km, or 193mph), and the Italians never signed or agreed to Japan's 186mph "gentleman's" agreement. Thus, one has the new Ducati 1094 and Desmosedici both pushing near 200mph.

As for speed limit accuracy, BIKE Magazine (UK) noted in an article just how far off bike speedos are, typical 5-10 mph when above 70mph. It has been this way for years and years. I think the mfgs do this on purpose so riders don't go as fast. Seriously, they could make them more accurate if they wanted to.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:23 AM
whylee
Road Warrior
Received 346 Likes on 246 Posts

ORIGINAL: eazy

Your fishing whylee

Not fishing at all, this is a very common problem today. I have not seen any speedometers that are accurate, unless they are calibrated first.
I just happen to always check my speedometers and many of my friends. Cars and trucks are off just as bad. My new Toyota FJ Cruiser and my wifes Tacoma are both off by 7MPH.
Im not knocking anyone or anything, just stating the way it is.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:10 PM
triple buzz
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: sfarson

ORIGINAL: triple buzz

Just to fine tune, the fastest is the MV F4312R (The 312 representing 312km, or 193mph), and the Italians never signed or agreed to Japan's 186mph "gentleman's" agreement. Thus, one has the new Ducati 1094 and Desmosedici both pushing near 200mph.

As for speed limit accuracy, BIKE Magazine (UK) noted in an article just how far off bike speedos are, typical 5-10 mph when above 70mph. It has been this way for years and years. I think the mfgs do this on purpose so riders don't go as fast. Seriously, they could make them more accurate if they wanted to.
Sfarson, I knew you would have the hard facts!! Isn't it a 1098 though?

Old 02-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Vrod Mike
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All speedo have a degree of inaccuracy. It doesn't matter if it's a car, bike or whatever. I've heard anywhere from 3-5% off is within DOT specs.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:16 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended

If you do the math, 142mph with the 28t and 148 with the 30t. No Speedo involved. It has been reported by several V-rod owners that the bikes will hit red-line in 5th gear in stock configuration. I have only hit the rev limiter in first and second. I may have gotten close one time in third while waving bye-bye to a punk that believes the Chrysler 300 commercials. I don't care how much that MOPAR POS is built, don't mess with a bike. Just cuz it says Harley that don't mean he aint gonna make you look stoopid infront of all yer friends.
I saw the jerk two weeks later (an advantage of living in Maricopa County in AZ, you see all the gearheads at the Pavillions). As I was checking out his car, trying to figure why he thought it was so fast, I casually mentioned that I had seen the motorcycle smoke him. His answer was "Yah, well no car can beat a Hyabusa". I told him the bike an rider were there if he would like to meet him and check out the bike. He thought that would be cool so he gathered up the rest of MOPAR drivers and I took them over to the bike section. My wife was sitting on our bike that night so I kissed and turned the 300 driver and said "Hi, I'm Cody and this is my totally factory stock Harley that smoked you two weeks agao." The dude looked like he wanted to sink through the asphalt. He took some serious crap about getting beat by a Hog. (Funny thing was none of the Mopar guys challenged me. )
So, just how fast is a V-rod? Fast enough to be fun and put an end to the misconception that Harley's are slow!!