VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Vrod as touring bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007 | 05:23 PM
akenaten
|
Banned
Default Vrod as touring bike

Has anyone here used their Vrod for extensive touring? I'm thinking about a night rod with windshield,bags etc..
Anyone here done that and what did you think?

Old 10-11-2007 | 06:03 PM
SmileyGirl
Intermediate
Default RE: Vrod as touring bike

I've not got bags on my Nightrod but I have a luggage rack and carry a tailbag when I travel. I do lots of 300 mile days. Last month I rode from the Dallas metroplex to Ruidoso, NM. Just over 600 miles - my longest day on the Nightrod to date. Then I spent a few days riding in the area before returning home. I think the Nightrod is a fine motorcycle for touring

Old 10-11-2007 | 07:39 PM
eazy
Road Warrior

With a seat made for longer distances and a windshield I think it'd be fine. I've run just over 300 without changing anything but I've also run over 400 several times with the changes. You will feel better with the before mentioned items but I also felt fine without them for the distances I have ridden.

Old 10-12-2007 | 06:53 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

I do not work with V-Rods, however, when I go to the shows, there are a few venders who offer the parts to convert your bike into a "Clasic" HD model. Try American Baggers, the magazine. Maybe you might try calling their office (866) 654-2552. They have a large bike shop there also in Spearfish, SD. They are in the business and meet lots of people. Maybe they will stear them or you onto each other for some options. Good luck!

Old 10-12-2007 | 11:00 AM
AndyV2000
Cruiser

I can't imagine that a v-rod can't be set up for comfortable enough cruising/touring .. it is plenty long enough to get the forward controls adjusted comfortably, regardless of your inseam, has plenty of power and, according to those of you in the know, is smooth as silk atabout any speedwith no substantial drop ingas mileageeven at higher speeds.

To take such a beautiful scooter and addtouring luggageto it seems a sin; I'd just throw myleather saddlebags over the back seat, attach my leather t-bagto the sissy bar (shades of how I do it now on my '00 FXD) and head out fast'n sassy.

Hell, if you're looking for a bagger then buy a bagger; seems simple enough.

Old 10-13-2007 | 02:34 PM
akenaten
|
Banned

I'm not looking for a bagger. I want a Vrod I can tour with.And speaking of doing sinful things to a beautiful bike: yopu have a sissy bar on it?[:'(]

Old 10-13-2007 | 05:14 PM
AndyV2000
Cruiser

Sissy bar is requisite for being able to attach a t-bag; I'm not sure if there is enough room for even small throwover saddlebags on the v-rod.

Old 10-27-2007 | 03:57 PM
[Rowdy]
Tourer

Actually, the V-Rod (afaik) is also available with mid-controls, which would make for a much more comfortable touring ride.

Check out our "Corbin-ized" VRSCAW!

-Ryan "Rowdy."

Old 10-27-2007 | 04:46 PM
Hal64hd
Road Master
Veteran: Air Force

[sm=insomnia.gif][sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 10-27-2007 | 05:03 PM
[Rowdy]
Tourer

Meh, to each his own.

I'm, 1.) Not a touring fan. and 2.) Not a V-Rod fan.

(No offense to anyone, just not my bag, baby.)

However, we one of these models in the Ormond showroom for Biketober, and it was one of the most popular sets of wheels we had on display!

-Ryan "Rowdy."

Quick Reply: Vrod as touring bike