VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Hello from upstate NY

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:44 PM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Hello from upstate NY

New guy checking in here from Binghamton.. I'm looking to buy my first Harley after about 20 years of riding sportbikes..The Nightrod Special has really caught my eye, I sat on a couple today at Ithaca HD (great people) being I'm 6'8" tall this bike fit about the best of everything they had me sit on..I'm thinking spring time will be when the actual purchase gets made as I really want to pay off my ZX12R Ninja first, I only need one bike payment at a time!!

Anything that a first time buyer needs to know or watch out for about V rods ?? I'm just starting my research now.. I've heard that MSRP is the norm on new bikes, true or false ??

Mike..

Old 09-16-2007, 06:29 PM
STEG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hello from upstate NY

MSRP is what my dealer in NY sells at for all new bikes, and if its a Night rod special, im suprised they didnt throw some extra stuff on it to mark it up a little bit, are there more than one NRS at Ithaca HD?

Old 09-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Killah_Steg

MSRP is what my dealer in NY sells at for all new bikes, and if its a Night rod special, im suprised they didnt throw some extra stuff on it to mark it up a little bit, are there more than one NRS at Ithaca HD?
Yes on the NRS's, both are 2007's and have miles on them......One was a demo and the other a trade if I remember correctly.......

Old 09-16-2007, 08:42 PM
STEG
Road Captain

If the trade is any cheaper i'd say go with that, I've seen people on demo rides do some pretty stupid things, especially vrods, trying to put their feet on the passenger peg to ride it like some bonniville flats speed record bike or something, but the trade more than likley has been taken care of better than the demo, are they the same color? which do you like better?

Old 09-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Killah_Steg

If the trade is any cheaper i'd say go with that, I've seen people on demo rides do some pretty stupid things, especially vrods, trying to put their feet on the passenger peg to ride it like some bonniville flats speed record bike or something, but the trade more than likley has been taken care of better than the demo, are they the same color? which do you like better?
They have two of the all back nightrods and a couple of others in various colors..They have a blue one that really caught my eye as well, maybe I'll see if they will take the ZX12R on trade........

Old 09-20-2007, 07:40 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the forums, A couple of my buds got their rides from Ithaca HD. They seem to be a respectable Dealership. I live in Elmira, I bought mine and Harding which is now American Twin, I can't say I care about them to much. Good luch with your purchase.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: HOGRIDA_06

Welcome to the forums, A couple of my buds got their rides from Ithaca HD. They seem to be a respectable Dealership. I live in Elmira, I bought mine and Harding which is now American Twin, I can't say I care about them to much. Good luch with your purchase.
Hey thanks for the welcome, I rented a room of the "elder" Hardings many years ago when I did a breif stint at Corning CC !! Never met the sons whom I understood ran the dealership..

I was pretty pleased with my stop at Ithaca HD, they took the time to talk to me and explain all the models which is more than I got from Southern Tier HD here in Binghamton......

Mike..[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 09-20-2007, 06:59 PM
NewHDguy
Intermediate

welcome, I'm newer to the post too. years on metric,now after about a year of research this winter I will be ordering my own 08 nrs orange/black. not any thing to scare me, piddily stuff . use your trip meter NOT the fuel gauge and you can drag the radiator schroud if you try, but like me your not buying it cuz you want a sport bike. have fun in your investigation!!!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 07:02 AM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: NewHDguy

welcome, I'm newer to the post too. years on metric,now after about a year of research this winter I will be ordering my own 08 nrs orange/black. not any thing to scare me, piddily stuff . use your trip meter NOT the fuel gauge and you can drag the radiator schroud if you try, but like me your not buying it cuz you want a sport bike. have fun in your investigation!!!!!
Thats a question I forgot to ask the dealer, How long is the wait when you order ??

I agree with your sportbike comment !! I started out yesterday with the intention of seeing what if anything the dealer would give me for the big black Ninja, never made it....Was having to much fun in the twisties and cancelled that plan..

I want a V-Rod and keep the Ninja now...

Old 09-25-2007, 08:10 PM
NewHDguy
Intermediate

mankato harley told me, put 500$ down and pick up in about two months. thats vivid/orange w/abs also