VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

An Apology and Thank You

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 10:08 PM
lencap
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Default An Apology and Thank You

Thanks to all who patiently explained to me all of the points about the V-ROD that I was unaware of. To those who read some of my earlier posts I apparently may have come across as aggressive and uniformed on occassion - my apologies, it was not my intend and rereading my posts I understand that you easily could have felt that way. Thanks for the patience, I will think first and type second on future posts.

I was about to purchase a '06 Street Rod, but after testing it out I realized that I didn't really fit and I was forcing it. Not a good combination for long term happiness, or more importantly for having control over such a powerful machine. To seal my decision my wife wouldn't sit on the back ("If it's such a comfortable rear seat you sit there, I'll drive"). I also realized that the closer I get to retirement the less happy my bones are to accomodate anything but a fully comfortable riding position. Being 5'7" didn't help either.

Anyway, over the weekend the dealer held a Ride Day and my wife loved the ride on the Softail - I guess the balanced engine and the rear suspension just worked for her, so that's the way we went.

Although I'll not be a VROD owner the information you shared and the advice you offered were very helpful - thanks to all, and I hope to see all of you on the road. The VROD is a great bike, just didn't fit me. I did order the "Birth of the V-ROD" DVD and I look forward to enjoying it when it arrives.

Be well, be safe.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:42 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: An Apology and Thank You

No apology necessary, most of us VRSC owners have dealt with people challanging what we ride. I'd think I were on the wrong bike if no one did. It's good that you found the bike that will make you happy. I doubt any V-Rod owner is going to think bad about that. Enjoy your ride and stop in from time to time, I also doubt any V-Rod owner is going to be upset that you're around.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Elytex
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: An Apology and Thank You

Brings to mind a conversation I had at the local watering hole a couple of weeks ago. A fellow biker asked what I was riding. When I told him I was on a Harley V-rod he snorted "jap bike" and asked why I would want a V-rod. I looked him in the eye and told him " because I like to go fast". He began to go into all the modifications I could do to an air cooled to achieve similar HP, etc. I told him 115 HP off the showroom floor worked for me. We agreed to disagree. The V-rod isn't for everyone and thats ok. I would not trade mine.