VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Why Can't Harley Get the V-ROD Right??

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 01:46 AM
triple buzz
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Why Can't Harley Get the V-ROD Right??

ORIGINAL: firehaz1

Hi, I just had to reply to this thread. I've been riding for about 6 years now and have owned 6 bikes, no Harleys. I still have 3. I have been thinking about joining the Harley ranks but nothing has really appealed to me till now the Night Rod special. I'm not into the cruising and jeans and black t shirt style. I am 49 yo and weigh about 260 I have an'07 Hayabusa, an '06 Ninja ZX 14 and a Ninja 250 '05. I ride for the get up and go. Twist it and it pulls..point it and it goes lean over real good and it turns like on a rail. I had a VMAX before the Busa. I love the look of the night rod special differnet than all the other Harleys out there. From what I have read it has theget up and go I like but the lean angle has been compromised. To me the ride is what it is all about. If I could make that turn leaned over at speed without slowing to a crawl Harley would have me and a whole lot of other converts.
Art
I can see the Busa and the zx14 , but the ninja 250 ?? is it a track toy ? your size has got to whoop it !

Old 09-27-2007, 01:51 AM
firehaz1
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

..Bought it just to save gas on commutes, own a pick up. Trying to sell it. It is a lot of fun though. Revs to 13.5 tops out at 95mph and its 300 lbs. Hmm me being 260 lol.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:12 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: eazy

I am 5'7" and I don't want a 30" laden seat height, if I did I would have bought something else. Harley-Davidson has to make the best bike they can for the most amount of potential buyers---AS THEY SEE IT. If you don't like it buy enough Harley stock to change it or start riding a custom made just for you. You will of course be spending far more than the $20,000 or so for the VRSC line.

You obviously have no idea. Your rant sounds ridiculous. Do you know what it takes to market, as you said---
ORIGINAL: lencap

over 325K HD bikes. .
Speak for yourself, Harley-Davidson has already given me what I want.
I don't read anything in his rant that says he's speaking for ALL Vrod owners. And I think he does have an idea and I fail to see what's so ridiculous about what he's posted. I think YOU are the one with no clue.[sm=gobble.gif]

Old 09-29-2007, 06:33 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: akenaten
I don't read anything in his rant that says he's speaking for ALL Vrod owners. And I think he does have an idea and I fail to see what's so ridiculous about what he's posted. I think YOU are the one with no clue.[sm=gobble.gif]
The title of the thread is "Why Can't Harley Get the V-ROD Right??" to which I say they have.

I think YOU are the one with no clue.[sm=gobble.gif]

Old 09-29-2007, 06:41 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: eazy

ORIGINAL: akenaten
The title of the thread is "Why Can't Harley Get the V-ROD Right??" to which I say they have.

I think YOU are the one with no clue.[sm=gobble.gif]
But his original rant isn't asking if YOU think they got it right. It seems to me the whole thing is aimed more at the MoCo....oh never mind..[sm=gobble.gif][sm=gobble.gif][sm=gobble.gif][sm=gobble.gif][sm=gobble.gif]

Old 09-29-2007, 07:12 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And yet it's posted on an open forum for the members to discuss, evaluate, analyze, concurand criticize. If the starter did not want other owner's/rider's opinions on the subject he might as wellhave just written a letter to the MoCo.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Oriondk
Cruiser

I think what he needs is the new water-cooled Buell.
I love my Nightrod Special. It turns well enough for me. I don't need to drag pegs anymore. It's not the fastest bike around,but it's fast enough. With the addition of the Sundowner seat it's more comfortable than the Sporty I sold. I agree that I think they missed the mark somewhat with the R. No offense to any R owners, but it just doesn't look as good as the others. I've ridden one and think with hard bags and a good fairing it would make a great sport tourer. Too bad Harley didn't see that.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Motown_HOG
Road Master

Tell us how you really feel!

Old 10-06-2007, 04:38 PM
AndyV2000
Cruiser

I've been waiting for Harley to get the V-Rod 'right' for me; the night rod is getting awfully close ~ I still want a bit better lean angle, a tad bigger displacement (I like my current 103 lbs/tq), a 6th speedand a $12k base price. I'll pony up for the extended forward controls,(I'm 6'4), a better seat w/removable sissy bar/rack (for a t-bag) and removable windshield.

You may have guessed I'm a long time dyna super glide rider; I've been riding since 1970 and reckon I've got another 20 years of riding ahead of me and wouldn't mind upgrading to a more modern sport cruiser. By the way, my 2000 dyna super glide has been a rock solid bike, and still is, with 98k miles on it. I'll probably just keep it until somebody, hopefully the moco, gets it 'right' for me ~ if the M109R wasn't so ugly, and shaft driven, I'd probably have bought one. How many miles have ya'll been getting on your engines?

Old 10-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Far 3ast
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I understand the frustration of the original poster. I agree with a lot of what he said. One thing we all know about the Motor Company, styling comes first, and everything else a distant second. I think in order to get the V-Rod to appeal to people like lencap (who started this thread), they will need a new frame, and I agree with him about getting some outside design consultants. But also one must consider that they probably don't want the V-Rod to take away sales from Buell. I think if they would design a bike around that motor that was the H-D equivalent of a naked standard, with H-D level finish and detailing, they would have a winner.

Quick Reply: Why Can't Harley Get the V-ROD Right??