VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Why Can't Harley Get the V-ROD Right??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 11:12 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Why Can't Harley Get the V-ROD Right??

What ever happened to a fast bike that handles like a knife through hot butter? I gave that up when I got my fatboy...
What is the use of all that horsepower and torques if it is not usable in the twisties...
If I want handling, speed, and power I'll get a rice rocket...

Old 09-09-2007, 03:22 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No offense taken, I was just saying that you do not speak for all VRSC owners. Your thread title did catch me wrong andI thought I'd respond. The V-Rod is the perfect bike for me. It has enough power to put a smile on my face and a seating position to put that smile on my knees and hips. I got off of a sportbike becauseI could not continue to ride it. After 150 miles I had to get off for about a day to recover. That takes the fun out of riding. If I had the money I'd still own one but I had to find a balance between around-town and out-on-the-highway. For me this bike has everything I want. That's why I laugh and tell people to go f*ck themselves when they tell me that it's not a real Harley. It may not be to them but who the hell are they to tell me that it shouldn't be to me. Harley-Davidson had to make a bike that still retained the "look" (more or less) of a Harley-Davidson but had the power (more or less) of the far lighter and nimbler foreign sportbike manufacturers. The problem they've run into is the ideals of the traditional HD owners. That's why they don't make it 400 pounds and wrapped in plastic. They'd have to call it a Buell rather than a Harley-Davidson.

The thread title "Why Can't Harley Get the V-ROD Right??" is what is not right, not that there are things about the VRSC line that are not right for you. Maybe I just see the title differently than it was meant. Harley-Davidson has made the V-Rod right, but it is just a base for changes.Nearly everyonein this forum has taken the Harley that they ride and made changes to it to make it "Right" for them. My bike didn't look like the picture that follows when I bought it.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:24 PM
shortfatboy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kinda like the V Rods! Thought about trading my second bike (Dyna Lowrider) for a VRod...
with that fork rake it's kinda like a crotchchopper!!!

Old 09-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Far 3ast
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm guessing they dropped the Street Rod because it didn't sell well. And if that's the case I'm sure they're not eager to jump back on that wagon anytime soon.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:49 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I think the v-rod is supposed to be more of a muscle cruiser...more of a street version of a drag bike...low, long, torquey...more like a hemi cuda than a ferrari...handles well but not an all out canyon carver...I would much rather have a v-rod than a warrior, 1800VTX, or 2000 vulcan and not justbecause its a harley.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:18 PM
eazy
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: carpetride

I think the v-rod is supposed to be more of a muscle cruiser...more of a street version of a drag bike...low, long, torquey...more like a hemi cuda than a ferrari...handles well but not an all out canyon carver...I would much rather have a v-rod than a warrior, 1800VTX, or 2000 vulcan and not justbecause its a harley.
[sm=exactly.gif][sm=icon_ladiesman.gif] [sm=thanx.gif]

Old 09-10-2007, 05:43 PM
tmathers
Intermediate

Harley did get it right - my NIGHTROD is about perfect!

Old 09-11-2007, 11:34 AM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member

My VRSCA ia almost perfect now. All I need is a 6th gear that allows 70mph at 3500RPM. That will theoretically get me over 50 miles to the gallon.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:44 AM
STEG
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: tmathers

Harley did get it right - my NIGHTROD is about perfect!
post some pics of that thing!

Old 09-27-2007, 12:49 AM
firehaz1
Stage III

Hi, I just had to reply to this thread. I've been riding for about 6 years now and have owned 6 bikes, no Harleys. I still have 3. I have been thinking about joining the Harley ranks but nothing has really appealed to me till now the Night Rod special. I'm not into the cruising and jeans and black t shirt style. I am 49 yo and weigh about 260 I have an'07 Hayabusa, an '06 Ninja ZX 14 and a Ninja 250 '05. I ride for the get up and go. Twist it and it pulls..point it and it goes lean over real good and it turns like on a rail. I had a VMAX before the Busa. I love the look of the night rod special differnet than all the other Harleys out there. From what I have read it has theget up and go I like but the lean angle has been compromised. To me the ride is what it is all about. If I could make that turn leaned over at speed without slowing to a crawl Harley would have me and a whole lot of other converts.
Art

Quick Reply: Why Can't Harley Get the V-ROD Right??