VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Popularity

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005 | 12:25 PM
12Stones
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Popularity

The VROD seems like it's picking up some popularity. I've been seeing a lot more around lately. Sounds like the word is getting out.

Old 01-28-2005 | 02:23 PM
Ironhead
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: Popularity

[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 01-28-2005 | 02:47 PM
Edgar
Tourer

I wouldn't want one for my only bike but I would love to have one. My Uncle has a VROD and a Road King. He really never rides the RK anymore. He's obsessed with the VROD.

Old 01-28-2005 | 03:23 PM
12Stones
|
Seasoned HDF Member

There are like 4 people that live around me that have em. I'm seeing them everywhere.

Old 01-28-2005 | 08:10 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

I saw the special on the V-Rod on tv the other night and I guess it's got to be the best engineered bike on the market today, man you ought to have seen what they went through just to create the darn thing, and the engine is totally awesome, needless to say I came away with a greater respect for the bike. I have also seen two bagger's made from the V-Rod and they look pretty darn good. Pick up a American Iron's newest and there's one in there.

Old 01-29-2005 | 04:49 AM
sfarson
Road Master

In some places it is quite popular. Seems volume differs by region. See many of them here in the Rockies. Saw a report it is the #6 selling H-D model out of 28 or so. This was about a year ago. Could be higher now. Overseas, it is the #1 selling H-D. Many there are not committed to the air cooled legacy and have more interest in performance. Also saw where about 1/2 of new VRSC riders are new to Milwaukee -- probably exactly what H-D was hoping for... new business versus trading business with riders already loyal.

This I know, despite acceleration that will lengthen your arms over time, I enjoy it most on just mellow cruises in the city and on rural roads. Complements the big twin nicely.

Old 01-30-2005 | 02:37 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

I have nothing against the v-rod I have seen a few that have been customized that look pretty good. I'm an older person and I just have a thing for the older style of Harleys. I was wondering if Harley is trying to reach a newer generation with the v-rod?

Old 01-30-2005 | 12:39 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

I think most have hit it right on the head. I think Harley was looking to get another class of bikers...they have a loyal following that will always buy and ride Harleys...just looking to expand on that base a little bit. I think they have done a pretty decent job with it myself.

Mac

Old 01-30-2005 | 10:24 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

I also understand the younger generation. I like the older styled Harleys and my son like the Buels[spelling ??] Each to his or her own. At least they are riding motorcycles.

Old 02-02-2005 | 12:57 PM
Triple Z
Cruiser

In our store, the VRSC's are generally bought by middle-aged professional people.
They do not have a Bar & Shield tattoo, are not enamored with the "Harley mystique".
They are looking for a modern package of style & performance, made in America.
For them, the V-Rod fills the bill.
The V-Rod is not without it's flaws (what is?). But, it's still a fantastic motorcycle.

Quick Reply: Popularity