VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Popularity

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005 | 12:27 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: Popularity

The technolgy, performance and ability to meet tough emission standards of the Revolution motor will eventually replace the aircooled motors. I love my tc88, but motorcycling will continue to evolve and the Revo is the next logical step. Think of it as an aircooled VW motor, which eventually gave way to the VW waterpumpers of today. It's only a matter of time.

Old 11-06-2005 | 08:17 PM
Detour
Road Captain

I think the V-rods are sweet looking bikes, especially the SE versions like Jagged Edge has. I saw and sat on one a few weeks ago and was very impressed. Right now I'm getting into touring, but I'd love to add a Vrod to the family...

Kurt

Old 11-06-2005 | 08:38 PM
jdag
Tourer

The VRod has grown on me...slightly. I definitely like them better now with the different color choices. But I think the platform will really take off if HD comes out with a touring version.

Old 11-06-2005 | 09:30 PM
JamieWG
Road Master

I like the VROD a lot. If I had the bucks, I'd have one sitting next to my Dyna. Of course, if I had the bucks I'd also have one of every bike HD makes. There are a bunch of V-Rods around here. I usually see at least three or four of them every weekend. Personally, I think it's good that HD is reaching into other markets. I really think they made a mistake by using the Buell name on the sportbikes. Brand name identity and loyalty go hand in hand and there should be a HD sportbike.

Old 11-11-2005 | 10:39 PM
Zack
Cruiser

Visited a dealer today in Nebraska. They had two new 2006 "Street Rod" versions. MSRP of $17,400. Price tag of $12,995. I was surprised at the discount. Is this common?

Old 11-12-2005 | 01:24 AM
sfarson
Road Master

Would say it is uncommon, but in some regions (There is some regional differences in demand), at this time of year, there could be special incentive promotions and it sounds like you've come across one, at the right place, at the right time of year.

Old 11-14-2005 | 08:03 PM
tmathers
Intermediate

Wow what a great photo!

ORIGINAL: sfarson

In some places it is quite popular. Seems volume differs by region. See many of them here in the Rockies. Saw a report it is the #6 selling H-D model out of 28 or so. This was about a year ago. Could be higher now. Overseas, it is the #1 selling H-D. Many there are not committed to the air cooled legacy and have more interest in performance. Also saw where about 1/2 of new VRSC riders are new to Milwaukee -- probably exactly what H-D was hoping for... new business versus trading business with riders already loyal.

This I know, despite acceleration that will lengthen your arms over time, I enjoy it most on just mellow cruises in the city and on rural roads. Complements the big twin nicely.

Old 11-24-2005 | 09:17 PM
HDVrod02
1st Gear

From my own experiences....

When I graduated from high school (1992), I bought a 80' Sturgis. Nice bike, a bit slow, too black for me after a while....

When it was time to look for a new bike, I saw that the V-rod drivetrain was done right for power and performance and had to get one.. Now that I have had it for a while, it rocks! Fast enough for the street and handles fairly well. I like the rider position too!

Old 12-03-2005 | 09:27 PM
grizzly
Road Master

I prefer my WideGlide, but I like ALL Harleys. There has always been one model from each family I wanted. Dyna- Wide Glide Softail - Springer Touring - E glide (later in life though..I am only 35 lol) And any Sportster 1200 that is bobbed, Chopped, stroked, streched, ratted out, or whatever...but not stock! Thats just me. I could afford Sportsters and the Wide Glide is my favorite....and wouldnt you know thats what I own. Now the V rods...never had anything against them they just never really "did it" for me.......until the Night rod. Man, I need to win the damn lottery man. I need at least three more bikes!!! I figure the Springer next before the EPA totally kills them. Then the Night Rod!

V Rods are the future guys....EPA is forcing it.

Old 12-20-2005 | 07:35 PM
mikes99EG
6th Gear

i had an 02 Vrod and really liked it.It was a real cool one person bike for around town to me.The few times me and my wife rode it anywhere,she hated it.It rode terrible to her.The only thing that i didnt like was the small gas tank.It seemed like i was all the time stopping for gas.But,they do run like heck.Here is a pic of the one i had.....only to sell it for a ElectraGlide standard.Which my wife loves

mike

Quick Reply: Popularity