VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Popularity

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005 | 10:09 PM
Detour
Road Captain
Default RE: Popularity

From what I've heard, it's already the number-one selling Harley in Europe. If the EPA has it's way, it'll be the only type of engine Harley will be able to offer in this country. That's another reason for them introducing it. Will there be watercooled Road Kings and Wide Glides in the future? Time will tell...

Kurt

Old 07-25-2005 | 03:25 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

I've heard similar.. More than one person has mentioned to me the possibility (or probability) of using the 'rod's engine, transitioning over into all H-D bikes in some form or fashion, spelling the EPA's win by killing an American Icon.. The 45 degree V-Twin.

Now, That may be totally offensive to some, but may not bother others.. I personally don't mind progress but not at the will of the almighty gov't regulations. I'm a free market kind of guy.. I like the idea of choices for the rider. I think a VRod engine tourbike would look wonderful right next to an "also offered" classic 45 version of the same scoot.. But that's stretching the limits of taste in so many offerings possibly??

As a Fatboy rider, I do keep looking at these new 'rods thinking, "That looks fun too".. maybe a little different kind of fun.

Old 07-28-2005 | 03:16 AM
100348b
Stage II

well. it's the one that got me back in the clan again! my insurance agent said that he had heard rumblings of discontinuing it...now why would THAT be? from a performance view, it HAS TO BE the BEST harley ever!!! all of that from 1100cc's! i guess, from looking at ebay ( where i bought mine) that the resale values arent at the typical HD levels...although what is anymore? no doubt that it won't compete with a softtail in THAT area, but after you ride one...a WHOLE different story..! only complaint i have is a bit of hard shifting (compared to the rice in my garage) and "HOW DO U KEEP THE EXHAUST FROM BURNING THRU YUR RIGHT THIGH"??? i'm sure i will figure out a way while i'm blowing gsxr 600's off at the stoplite...

Old 07-28-2005 | 10:50 AM
TuxedoCartman
Banned

It is a bit disconcerting that they've discontinued the VRSCB, and made another Streed Rod varient. I get the impression that V-Rod's aren't selling, and that Harley is trying to redefine it to fit a different niche. Which is a shame; the V-Rod is the best sports cruiser out there, while the Street Rod is the worst sport bike I've ever seen.

<sigh> Too many diehard purists never giving this poor bike a chance. It's a great bike, but from what I've seen Harley people don't like it because it's not an air-cooled classic, and "other" bike owners don't like it because it's a Harley.

Old 07-29-2005 | 03:44 PM
Jagged Edge
Intermediate

The bike as been around since 2002. I got CVO Screamin' Eagle last Saturday and I love it.
Riding it home some guy rode by on his old Panhead shaking his head in discus. I guess
he's one of those who doesn't like change... not even his underware.
What's not to like?
JE

Old 07-30-2005 | 02:52 AM
TuxedoCartman
Banned

ORIGINAL: Jagged Edge

The bike as been around since 2002. I got CVO Screamin' Eagle last Saturday and I love it.
Riding it home some guy rode by on his old Panhead shaking his head in discus. I guess
he's one of those who doesn't like change... not even his underware.
What's not to like?
JE
Yeah! Oh, well....the gas tank. 3.7 gallons? WE WANT 5 GALLON TANKS!!![:@]

I could tour on that bike no problem if I could go for more than 100 miles without having to fuel up.

Old 08-18-2005 | 03:18 AM
SQUIDO
6th Gear

Nice bike

Old 08-18-2005 | 08:07 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

No kidding.. I second that! Nice Scoot!!

Old 08-20-2005 | 12:59 AM
VRodbanker
Advanced

Yes they are!! They are more popular on the West Coast ( I am an East Coaster) as I am told by the local HD dealer who is a good friend. However, he did sell out all his V-rods by June. (I bought his last '05). He can't give the Street Rods away however. I get lots of completments and questions about mine. Harley certainly has hit the target they were aiming for with the V-Rod. According to my HD dealer buddy, his typical V-Rod buyer is in his 30's and is coming off a sportier Euro/Asian bike and is usually a first time Harley buyer. I have always loved Harleys but really started itch'in for a V-Rod after I saw the special the Discovery Channel did on the creation of the bike. It is really incredible. Check it out some time.

Old 08-22-2005 | 05:23 PM
12Stones
|
Seasoned HDF Member

I think you hit it, Banker. HD hit a new target audience and that's where the popularity's coming from. For those 'old schoolers', they'll just have to suffer. I think it's a great addition to the Harley family.

Quick Reply: Popularity