VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Popularity

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005 | 05:54 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Popularity

Triple Z, I've got to agree. My brother is 42, has a Triumph Daytona 1200 and a Yamaha Venture, and won't even consider an HD other than a V Rod or a Buell. He's had every type of bike under the sun, other than a Wing or a traditional V twin, simply for the reason that too many other people have them.

To tell you the truth, if you ever want to get the heart racing, take out a Triumph Daytona. After riding his some days, I almost go over to his way of thinking. Almost.

Old 02-02-2005 | 06:42 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member

While the V-Rods are great bikes and scarry fast, they aren't too popular out here in Hooterville. Most folks ride traditional HD's, metric cruisers or sport bikes.

Old 02-03-2005 | 02:33 AM
investorsc
Road Master

Have you seen the new "Street Rod" offering from Harley for the V-Rod...I think Harley is on the right track!

BRUCE

Old 02-03-2005 | 02:34 AM
investorsc
Road Master

P>S> - Geezer- Love the Elvis QUote----Verry Funny, but sadly true!

Old 02-05-2005 | 03:08 PM
Lev
Tourer

The new Vrod has just arrived in dealerships in the UK. Quite a bit of interest from Buell riders. One on the UK Buell forum said this after a test ride

Verdict ...

I liked the smooth power of it, but there is bugger all below 4,000 which means you have to give it a bit but when it does kick in it buggers off like its **** is on fire

The pegs for me are too high, I found that I had to lift my foot off the rest to change down a gear, but then im long in the leg.

I had a bit of a 'moment' too!, Knowing the power is at the top of the rev range I gave it a little off a set of lights and had the front wheel go light and the back stepping out ... which stopped my heart for a few seconds!

There is a lot of wind blast above 80, more so than my M2, although it might be down to riding position. I wouldnt fancy a long high speed trip on it.

So in conclusion .... Good fun ... but I will stick to my m2

Hes compared it with a Buell M2 Cyclone, which is to me a different style of bike altogether

Lev

PS The Vrod is priced at £10995 ( Nearly $20,000 )

Old 02-08-2005 | 12:26 AM
disgrntal1
Advanced

I myself am fancinated by the v-rod i had ordered an 04 and the deal fell apart. the military sales folks could get close, but not thee bike i had hoped for so i am now the soon to be proud owner of a softail standard. i think i will be happier with it as it is more traditional and the with was scared of the v-rod, but she says i can get her on the softail so mamma's happy and so am i, but ithink the v-rod my be my 2nd

Old 02-11-2005 | 03:58 PM
lenelsa
3rd Gear

Its also cheaper than earlier models

Old 04-02-2005 | 04:26 PM
Ragin_Republican
Road Master

I'd have to agree with Pilot. I dont think I would own one personally because it just not my style of bike (I like the classic Harley look), I do think it is a cool bike. And it does say Harley after all.

Old 04-09-2005 | 08:22 AM
Phantomryder
Road Master

I am a fan of the VRod, though I ride a 02 Road King. The closest I get to riding the VRod is when my wife is out of town and I can sneak a ride in. If you want to have tons of exposure to tech info and a ton of people whom ride the vrod go to our sister site, vrodforums.com. My wife and I have meet many new people locally as well as throughout the country who are vrod fanatics. I saw the pics of the vrod touring version and am hoping that Harley will build a factory touring vrod. Its not you daddy's harley that for sure....
Ride Safe

[IMG]local://upfiles/1106/423784AF9C0642FD93D11CC0A7BFAADA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-12-2005 | 01:45 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member

oh what the heck, will ape hangers work on em?

Quick Reply: Popularity